Gimme your albums I'll rate them 1-10

• Thread starter coreysMonster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
I want to hear what music you guys are making and I'll give my honest but purely subjective opinion on them. I'm sure this will get flooded instantly and I can't promise I'll keep up with it for very long but I'll do my best.

Also to give my official rating scale:

1. I feel like I have lost a part of my soul listening to this
2. I am unhappy I listened to this
3. I feel like I wasted my time listening to this
4. I was bored listening to this
5. I would listen to this once and enjoy myself
6. I would put this in my Youtube "watch later list" and not watch later
7. I would put this in my Youtube "watch later list" and actually watch later
8. I would put this in a mix I frequently listen to while working
9. I would listen to this on loop while working an 8 hour shift
10. I would show this to a girl on a first date

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's totally terrible, but I have to give it a 4/10. Chill albums are hard to make well, and the constant trap beat defeats the purpose of making it chill. Constant trills are not chill. The production is good, and I know you can do better.

thats fair and tbh maybe chill is in fact a bit of a misnomer? i made the song forget first which was me trying to something in the vein of sort of recent polyphia, with the whole rap drums/instrumental guitar thing and then followed with songs like that, which compared to anything else ive done is pretty chill, but moving forward with this project im gonna try to blend like the chon/covet/ichika style math rock vibe with the lofi study beats thing cause ive got a handful of ideas with that style that seem cool

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
The first track starts clipping as soon as the guitars jump in. The tones are good though, and the mix itself is pretty solid - if only the clipping weren't there. I'd put this at a solid 7, but I can't get over the distracting clips. I probably would not listen to this more than once, so a 5/10 from me. Songwriting's decent.

I put this out about a year and a half ago, and I've learned a lot since, but it's my most current finished music.

https://benjamincook.bandcamp.com/album/neutral-mask
7/10. Solid af. Great job dude. You also have some clipping issues here and there, like during the solo in Ego Depletion, but for the most part it's clean, and the songwriting is great.

All of you so far have started their album with keyboard / piano melodies. Not that it's a bad thing, I just noticed it.

I'm not gonna lie, this is right down my alley. It's fun, it's different. Great job. This is a definite 8/10 for me songwriting-wise. I love this, My big issue with this is that the mix needs to be more balanced, the vocals are very harsh and shrill at times, and I can't see myself listening to for very long because of it. So a 7/10, I'd put it in my playlist and probably listen to it again once in a while. Of all the ones posted so far, this is the one I'd be most likely to spend money on. I'd absolutely spend 16 dollars on it if the mix was more balanced.

No piano intro? 0/10!

Just kidding. Is that a goddamn SITAR? I wasn't expecting that. A straight 8/10. This is great prog writing, I am 100% behind this. Most pleasant mix so far. Great and varied songwriting. I almost have nothing to say because this is just solid, I have no complaints at all. Great stuff dude!

Last edited:

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
I was expecting this to be good because of the mix in the intro, and I was gonna give it a 7/10, but that singer bumps this to 9/10. This is HOT stuff man, holy shit. Your Bandcamp link under the video doesn't work, where can I get this?

EDIT: I'm still listening to this, and it just keeps getting better. You guys should be very proud of this album.

Last edited:

episode666

Reaction score
I was expecting this to be good because of the mix in the intro, and I was gonna give it a 7/10, but that singer bumps this to 9/10. This is HOT stuff man, holy shit. Your Bandcamp link under the video doesn't work, where can I get this?

EDIT: I'm still listening to this, and it just keeps getting better. You guys should be very proud of this album.

Thanks man, unfortunately bandcamp is off, but all other services are operational.

episode666

Reaction score
Not OP, but modern Thrash Metal with actually a great singer?

So. Where should I put my money so that you get the most out of it? I am not that much into all those fancy "new" music streaming sites. So I guess tidal seems to be my best bet?

I think it is all about the same, thank you for your support!!

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
No piano intro? 0/10!

Just kidding. Is that a goddamn SITAR? I wasn't expecting that. A straight 8/10. This is great prog writing, I am 100% behind this. Most pleasant mix so far. Great and varied songwriting. I almost have nothing to say because this is just solid, I have no complaints at all. Great stuff dude!

Thank you so much dude! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Definitely made my day.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score

My debut from 2 years ago, instrumental metal with some orchestral stuff.
I listened to after a long time last week and still pretty happy with it myself.
Have a go at it if you feel like it!

')