Girl arrested at her senior prom...

• Thread starter Groff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the thing looks retarded, or more like a bathing suit like you said.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the thing looks retarded, or more like a bathing suit like you said.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I though proms were supposed to be fancy, or even elegant. Guys in tuxes, and girls in big beautiful dresses. That's how it was at my (albeit SHITTY, it was in a fucking tent!) senior prom.

Maybe it's different nowadays, or in different areas?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I agree with everything said in this thread so far. :agreed:

Dress like a hooker. Expect to be treated like a hooker.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with everything said in this thread so far. :agreed:

Dress like a hooker. Expect to be treated like a hooker.

Must be the second part of "talk like a bitch and I'll smack you like one".

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When this ran on the local news, my first thought was that someone should smack her parents. Who lets their high-school age daughter leave the house in that dress?

You know, unless she's going to her after school job at the strip club. :nuts:

DevourTheDamned

Fossicker
Reaction score
jeeze.
lol
that chick looked quite tasteless.

it also seems that everything that could possibly remind me that I wont be attending my senior prom Saturday is coming into focus...repeatedly. lol

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I skipped my prom anyways, and went and got drunk with friends :lol:

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
:ugh: +1 on thinking it was supposed to be an elegant occasion.

I'm not going to the "Summer Ball" (pretty much the same as a prom) at my Uni because it's extortionately expensive to get tickets, it's ridiculously far out of the way so costs more to get there, and every act they have there is horrendously bad.

It's like £45 for one ticket, I could see Dio at the Carling Academy TWICE for that price and still have a fiver left over!

ON TOPIC

What was she thinking when she picked that dress though:

"I wanna' look like the nastiest, skankiest, most STD ridden girl at the prom!" :noway:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Y'know I remember seeing this, an I was thinking "what is so wrong with the dress"? Celebrities wear WAY WORSE at movie premieres. The dress isn't see through and it covers the 3 areas so I fail to see a problem. Plus, it's a dress SHE MADE, so like WTF? I just hope she got her money back for the prom ticket.

I remember having to drive my cousin to his prom, and he was telling me about all the stupid rules they had to follow and I kept asking myself "then why are you paying for this"? I skipped my prom for the exact same stupidity.

"So, wait. YOU want ME to pay 50$, to get to a completely choreographed activity, where, if I so much as even try to kiss my date I could get trouble. Hmmmmm, no I think I'll pass thanks".

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
if I so much as even try to kiss my date I could get trouble. Hmmmmm, no I think I'll pass thanks".

My prom wasn't that strict. Kissing was okay. Making out in the corner was not. But there was a dress code, and noone seemed to have a problem with it.

It's supposed to be a formal event, not a who-can-dress-the-least event. This goes for guys and girls. Someone tried to show up to my senior prom in sandals, shorts, and an open button up shirt. :lol:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I'm skipping prom and my school's all night grad party (which is $15 more than the prom at $65 dollars)

Before you can enter the All Night Grad you have to sign some waiver that bars you from leaving after 12 o'clock (it starts at 9 and goes till 6am) and there will be officers posted in case people try to sneak out.

It's rediculous.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm skipping prom and my school's all night grad party (which is $15 more than the prom at $65 dollars)

I don't blame you... It's turned into such a compettition between people. There were two fights at my junior prom because two douches thought it was so appropriate to tell some other guys his date was prettier than theirs... :nuts:

Prom should just be fun... Not a contest

Before you can enter the All Night Grad you have to sign some waiver that bars you from leaving after 12 o'clock (it starts at 9 and goes till 6am) and there will be officers posted in case people try to sneak out.

It's rediculous.

We had the same thing...

But they didn't expect anyone to sneak out of the BACK of the school. Heh heh...

Not quite sure how we were able to pull it off, but on the way to the bathroom, we got someone to press the button on the handicapped elevator while we followed behind them, and by pure luck noone was looking and we made it upstairs and just walked to the back of the building, headed down the stairs, and we were free! :D

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Y'know I remember seeing this, an I was thinking "what is so wrong with the dress"? Celebrities wear WAY WORSE at movie premieres. The dress isn't see through and it covers the 3 areas so I fail to see a problem. Plus, it's a dress SHE MADE, so like WTF? I just hope she got her money back for the prom ticket.

Cancer, you sort of have a track record of saying things like you think it'sd perfectly acceptable for 12-year-olds to have orgies. Your opinion here is perhaps the smallest bit suspect. ;)

Tough to see from the pictures, but it looks like it MAY be slightly transluscent. It also just barely covers the "three areas" you refer to. And, more to the point, it's in stark violation of a school dress code she was aware of when she made it, so that's sort of a non-issue too.

Her only cause for complaint here is she still was turned away after she offered to put on something else to cover herself up.

Either way, making that dress for your prom demonstrates a lack of taste and a lack of foresight, so I'm having a hard time feeling bad for her.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Cancer, you sort of have a track record of saying things like you think it'sd perfectly acceptable for 12-year-olds to have orgies. Your opinion here is perhaps the smallest bit suspect. ;)

Tough to see from the pictures, but it looks like it MAY be slightly transluscent. It also just barely covers the "three areas" you refer to. And, more to the point, it's in stark violation of a school dress code she was aware of when she made it, so that's sort of a non-issue too.

Her only cause for complaint here is she still was turned away after she offered to put on something else to cover herself up.

Either way, making that dress for your prom demonstrates a lack of taste and a lack of foresight, so I'm having a hard time feeling bad for her.

:agreed:

I've just come to know what to expect from Cancer's posts. :lol: I saw he had posted and guessed exactly what it would say before reading (based off of the 12-year old orgies being okay thing) and I was correct.

I've never heard of school that would be okay with their students wearing clothes like that to a prom.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
The school probably could have handled that better so that no one ended up in handcuffs. School bureaucrats are notoriously shitty about that sort of thing. But if that's the worst thing that ever happens to this young lady, then she's got nothing to worry about.

I didn't have a girlfriend at the time of my senior prom and didn't particularly feel like shelling out big bucks to go with some random girl. But I guess I was always a curmudgeon. :lol:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score

Kinda, it was hard to tell if by lifting the skirt part of it up to cover herself up, it didn't expose her thighs pretty high up. It looked to be that way, as it was pretty short.

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
I'm guessing she's one of those sweet 16 spoil brats that base their lives on those present on Laguna Beach or The Hills shows?

And her idols include Tila Tequila or Paris Hilton?

P.S. Tila makes me sick to have vietnamese blood run through my veins..

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I was in school (and I'm sure everybody's had experience with these kind of people, or maybe they even were one) there was always a few people who did shit, even if they knew it was going to get them in trouble, mostly to be a nuisance . Now, consequently, the school or it's staff have the tendency to overreact. At this point, said 'troublemaker' uses said 'overreaction' as a means of justify the original act. Everyone becomes outraged on one side or the other, and argue it over until everybody forgets what they're 'up in arms' about. The cycle begins again. :shrug:

That said, I don't really feel sorry for either of them.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Man, we could wear whatever the fuck we wanted to at my prom. :shrug:
Now, her dress is VERY BAD TASTE, but wtf, ban her from prom for that? I mean, come on, I've seen worst than this. I think it's quite stupid that school rules applies on prom night, wich is a celebration of you actually leaving that school. Her beeing arrested is just way TOO much imo.

:2c:

')