Girlfriends+guitars, thats the Q.

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Same as everyone else has said really - there's plenty of girls out there, no matter how much you like her there is guaranteed to be plenty more that you'd be equally happy with. Chances are the guitar came before her, and it'll be there after her :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hating on a guy for playing guitar is like hating on a chick for shopping. It's just in our blood.

Also, it sounds like, if it wasn't guitar, then it'd just be something else. "You're playing video games too much," or, "You spend too much time at the gym," or whatever. Tell her that it's who you are. She can accept it and be a part of your life, or not, and don't.

dudeskin

Reaction score
hmmmm, difficult one. so, you are playing, and she want your attention, so takes the guitar off you and puts it on the stand.
if she is naked and wants you, then she has a point and your just wierd, but otherwise, abit of a bummer to say the least.

i have the other problem, the missus want to see me play more, but i dont like to/go all crap when she is in the room :wallbash:.lol

Reaction score
I'm 23, and while I've really only had two serious relationships, neither of them had a problem with me playing, and playing quite frequently I might add. If it isn't gonna work, then there's no sense in forcing it. As has been stated many times, women crave attention, and if you aren't meeting her requirements, I suggest ending it before it gets real serious. Seems drastic, but there really are plenty of options out there, especially if you're good ;)

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
FAAAAAAAALCOOON PUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!
falcon.jpg

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Oh My God!, this made my day!...anyway I have nothing intelligent to add to this conversation so I'm going to leave.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
i have been in a couple of different types of relationships...

i had one my freshman year of college where the chick had that "stop stroking that thing and LOVE ME" kind of attitude. we talked about it and came to a middle ground. i got my time with the guitar and i would make sure to give her the attention she so desperately needed.

i had another one with whom i more or less spent all of my time and when i played my guitar it was pretty much our "away time". she liked to listen but she would just sit and read a Cosmo or something and i'd rock out for a few hours so we both got to hang out but not be all up in each other's face while still kind of enjoying each other's company.

i think the biggest thing is communication. you're going to have problems of all kinds in any relationship. talk it out. :yesway:

RenegadeDave

Huge nerd
Reaction score
Seriously, it's not the guitar, she's denying you something that you want to do. To me it appears to be more about power/control to feed her desire for attention. at 21, break it off man. You need someone who values her own time as much as you value your own time.

Spratcho

Reaction score
I would never stand that my girl was jealous of me and my guitar. It is a pity that you
have that problem. In this situation, I will count myself lucky. My girlfriend asks me to
play guitar for her when she is sleepy or just generally.

If my girlfriend had a hobby like this, I would definitely support her or pretend that I
liked what she was doing. IMO that is really important in relationships.
I really hope it will be a change, and that she will understand you and your guitar
playing.

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
I started a group on Facebook called "I lol'd when The Comedian falcon punched Silk Spectre in the Watchmen movie".

I still think the OP should falcon punch his girl. If however it was a case of "stop playing guitar so you can jizz on my tits" then that'd be a different story.

Reaction score
Just play your guitar and tell her to fuck off. If you love her then dont say "fuck off" just say "im going to play guitar talk to you later".

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
MaKo´s Tethan;1732284 said:
ahhaaha is the first time I see that video, I send the link to my GF...subliminal moves...

Glad I could help! :cheers:

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
well who's body do you touch more? Hers or your girlfriend? ( Cwhatididthere)

but seriously, have a conversation with her and tell her how important guitar is to you because it seems to me that she has no respect for guitar.

then go from there

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
I always talk about this with her, and, yesterday, I send the link of the vid (SRV) to her, and today, I tell her (via MSN, I will not see her `till friday) that I`m learning a new song (hollow years, dream theater) and dhe told me she want to see me play that song.

I speak about this thread sometimes, another subliminal thing, may be she will understand soon, I hope so.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
I'm skeptical that she never lets you play. I have a hunch that you tend to play all-the-damn-time, and that she'd like to maybe umm... have a conversation/dinner/etc. instead of just hearing/watching you play. Besides, if she actually does like watching you play, then I'm willing to bet that most times you see her (at your place), you have your guitar in your hand.

I know that you can talk to a person and play guitar at the same time, but what if you went over to a friend's house and they talked to a computer screen and only looked at you through their peripheral vision because Dear God, the new Call of Duty came out. Well, unless you're trying to blow them up in the same game, it's not exactly inviting.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, do not beat around the bush. Life does not work like that. It's a discussion you're going to have to have, although neither of you will like it.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I'm skeptical that she never lets you play. I have a hunch that you tend to play all-the-damn-time, and that she'd like to maybe umm... have a conversation/dinner/etc. instead of just hearing/watching you play. Besides, if she actually does like watching you play, then I'm willing to bet that most times you see her (at your place), you have your guitar in your hand.

I know that you can talk to a person and play guitar at the same time, but what if you went over to a friend's house and they talked to a computer screen and only looked at you through their peripheral vision because Dear God, the new Call of Duty came out. Well, unless you're trying to blow them up in the same game, it's not exactly inviting.
:agreed:

')