Gittler Kickstarter

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Huh, I'd love to know how the material in the guard feels. Either way, it's cool to see innovation in any instrument.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Ahh, kickstarter. Revealing the massive divide between an inventor's view of his products' worth and everyone else's, since 2009. $10k pledge is ridiculous: companies pay accomplished guitarists to demo their products, not vice versa.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, when the guitar first came up for sale a few months ago I got all excited because I thought it would be a cool novelty to fiddle around with. Then I saw the price tag. It's a neat idea, just not practical. And I totally agree with the sentiments about Kickstarter.

ascl

Reaction score
Well that doesn't appeal... at all. I LIKE the wood of a guitar, it gives it character! It could maybe be cool for travel or something... but the price tag is a bit steep for that!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Looks like someone took a $2000 one. As much as I'd like to see Gittlers made again, I think this may not be the way to go about it, and they should seriously work on that price. It may be a high end expensive guitar, but it's a bit too much if they want anyone number of people to buy them over the any of the other high end companies. And this is a world were they have competition in the high end headless world.

I'd maybe pay that much if it had 2 more strings and the regular price were lower.

Overtone

Reaction score
I almost made this thread last night after a friend sent me the link. My answer to him was "$64 in 4 days shows you just how much people want this!" But after looking at the electronics design and nut I thought it was pretty cool. Then I saw what they are charging for the guitars (close to $4k is the DISCOUNTED price) and had a hearty LOL.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Looks like it'd be awkward as shit to play. A guitar without a body seems like it'd be very strange and uncomfortable. Perhaps I'm wrong, since I've played one of those Stenberger Spirit basses and loved it. (closest I can think of to something without a body.) Still, at that price I wouldn't be able to justify giving it a shot. There's a thousand things I could get to enhance my studio with that money, and a goofy looking guitar isn't even close to one of them. Not to say I don't appreciate people trying to think outside the box.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I like these guitars as ideas, and I'd love a play on one.

I would not spend 5 grand on one unless I was sleeping on a bed of fifty-pound notes at night, clinically insane, or both.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Wow. I remember Andy Summers playing one of these years ago - never thought I'd hear about them again. It's definitely a unique take on the guitar, and I can totally appreciate the craftsmanship that I'm sure goes into it. That guard is an interesting idea...but since it's a byproduct of the guitar's design, it doesn't exactly come as a surprise that it's the world's first removable/replaceable neck.

Somebody thinks it's worth something - the 6th backer put up $2000. Still, I doubt there's sufficient enough demand or awareness to fund it. Market forces are good at crushing dreams like that.

On a side note, as art, I'd totally have it in my house. Put that with a Qlocktwo and you've got the most overkill modern pad ever.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Wow. I remember Andy Summers playing one of these years ago - never thought I'd hear about them again.

I think it was actually Sting. And I could see playing bass on one of these way more than playing guitar. Chording just looks like it would be a bear.

Latest posts

')