GJ2 (grover Jackson) guitars

• Thread starter Elwood
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dyingsea

Reaction score
Neck off to adjust the truss rod isn't a new thing but it is inconvenient. Alot of old F styles were like this and old Charvels etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I play music

Reaction score
The kind of guy that buys these (and really, old enough to care who Grover Jackson is) are into the pseudo-vintage thing.
Apparently that kind of guy is a bit rare:
They have good reviews as far as quality but they seem next to impossible to sell on the used market. They just sit. Buy cheap if you’re going to try one.
Otherwise they wouldn't just sit...

Elwood

Reaction score
I feel like if you're in the market for a Grover Jackson built super strat, you'd be crazy to not get a Friedman Cali...

True - GJ2 are a good price second hand though. I wouldn't buy one new. The Firedmans generally look cool, but the headstock is worse and the price is astronomical. This one is $3500/£2700:

171213319387003-857764f.jpg

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
For the Super Strat crowd. I have been hearing amazing things about Chubtone guitars.

I am unsure but I think they outsource the parts and just build guitars vs. actually cutting the wood and all of that but they are in the $1,500 range and people rave about how nice they are.

TheGuitarPit

Reaction score
True - GJ2 are a good price second hand though. I wouldn't buy one new. The Firedmans generally look cool, but the headstock is worse and the price is astronomical. This one is $3500/£2700:

Was just looking at Reverb...some GJ2's are insanely expensive. I take in the "Inspiration" Series is an import line or something? They're much cheaper. I do see a couple really nice looking GJ2's in the $1k range though...tempting, but taking off the neck for an adjustment is a 10000% dealbreaker for me.

')