Glen Danzig KTFO Video (Mildly NWS - Language)

• Thread starter The Dark Wolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Danzig is actually metal. He used to be the lead singer for The Misfits in the early 80s (for about 3 years, I think). Then he went solo and started what you might call a "Goth metal" band.

And, if punk = stupidity, then what isn't stupid? Jazz? Classical? What makes your music superior to punk? Going around and declaring styles of music as equalling "stupidity" demonstrates close-mindedness. You are even insulting the guy who started this thread (TDW) by referring to an artist that he is a "fan" of as stupidity. Geez, dude.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I :wub: Danzig's music. But then, I like that Gothic kinda stuff.

I have heard he's a bit of an asshole though the years. Having never met him, I can't say for sure, but he sure seemed to have it coming in this vid!

that guy

Reaction score
Naren said:
Danzig is actually metal. He used to be the lead singer for The Misfits in the early 80s (for about 3 years, I think). Then he went solo and started what you might call a "Goth metal" band.

And, if punk = stupidity, then what isn't stupid? Jazz? Classical? What makes your music superior to punk? Going around and declaring styles of music as equalling "stupidity" demonstrates close-mindedness. You are even insulting the guy who started this thread (TDW) by referring to an artist that he is a "fan" of as stupidity. Geez, dude.

woah dude your reading wayy too much into what i said im just stating an opinion .i personally dont like punk in any form(a result of being beaten at every punk show ive been to) ,so my opinion will automatically be biased ,if insulted the dark wolf (wich was never my goal) then let him tellme off and dont do it for him. just chill out,grab a beer and enjoy him telling me im a dickhead

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Hey. I'm not saying you have to like punk. I hate several of the sub-genres in punk such as pop punk and mall emo, etc. But you shouldn't tell someone that the music they like is "stupidity." You may have had bad experiences because a lot of punks are jerks. I hate country, but I'm not gonna go into a thread and say "Country = studipity."

Anyway, that's all I'm sayin', I guess.

And, Bob, yeah, Danzig is a total asshole. He always has been. I'd put him in the top 10 biggest assholes in modern music.

that guy

Reaction score
i didnt know he likes punk ,so i guess ill keep my yap shut .just from a musical standpoint punk has as much thought behind it as takeing a piss (im a theory snob)

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Depends on what kind of punk you're talking about. I listen to a lot of punk that has complicated solos in it. Take Suicidal Tendencies as an example.

But, anyway, I like music that just plain rocks. I don't care if they're concerned about whether the time signature changes from 6/4 to 2/4 to 4/4 to 3/4 all in one song or whether a guy is playing a solo in the Hirojoshi scale ascending and D midolyxian descending. Music rocks.

I've found that people who don't like punk usually know very little about it and make assumptions that it either sounds like the Ramones or Blink 182 and refuse to believe that there are styles of punk like goth punk, punk/metal, hardcore punk (which is nothing like that emo bullshit that some people refer to as "hardcore"), or metalcore (which is, in my mind, equally punk and metal).

And stuuuff.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I like punk. I'm not wanting to pick a fight, but I've been called a "theory monster" on occasion. :)

I like metal a lot too. :metal:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Danzig, WTF man! You shoulda been bobbin' and weavin!

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
Danzig, WTF man! You shoulda been bobbin' and weavin!

Well, he IS something like 45 years old now (possibly older).

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
true... at one of the local record stores, they've got some north side kings CDs with the sticker on there that they made that says "The band that knocked out Danzig!"

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
that guy said:
if insulted the dark wolf (wich was never my goal) then let him tellme off and dont do it for him. just chill out,grab a beer and enjoy him telling me im a dickhead
I wasn't insulted in the least, brother! I'm just glad you liked the vid. ;)

Although I'll still call ya a dickhead if you had your heart set on it! :lol:

Who the heck did that Danny M cat from the NSK used to play with? :scratch:

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
I bet Glenn really hates that video! Have you ever noticed that ever a situation like that,,,there is usually at least one Chic running her mouth.

~A

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Allen Garrow said:
I bet Glenn really hates that video! Have you ever noticed that ever a situation like that,,,there is usually at least one Chic running her mouth.

~A

Yeah. There's oftentimes some chick on the sidelines who has NOTHING to do with either party involved egging them on. "Yeah, kick his ass" (sometimes ambiguous who she is talking to).

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
He didn't get knocked out.

You can hear him after the punch swearing and shit, most of you know if you get knocked outby a punhc you are in no state to get up let alone swear. It's a pathetic punch by a fat shit.

that guy

Reaction score
Naren said:
(which is nothing like that emo bullshit that some people refer to as "hardcore"), or metalcore (which is, in my mind, equally punk and metal).

And stuuuff.
didnt we just agree not to do that??

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mark. A said:
He didn't get knocked out.

You can hear him after the punch swearing and shit, most of you know if you get knocked outby a punhc you are in no state to get up let alone swear. It's a pathetic punch by a fat shit.

The punch was far from pathetic. He had to step forward to get back within reach. His hands were at his hips, not in a raised fighting position. He connected hard, on target, and made Glenn drill a hole in the floor. And he did it all lightening fast.

The slow-mo of Glenn spinning is priceless - i had to watch it over and over again. He deserved it, considering the major douche he's been for years. That punch was for everybody he's ever been a jerk to - when you consider that, then it's hard to deny he didn't have it coming. I bet he's a little more careful about who he pisses on now.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
^ :agreed: I'd call it a flash knockout, if I had to have a term for it. If you're familar with boxing, then that should be a recognizable term.

')