Glen Danzig KTFO Video (Mildly NWS - Language)

• Thread starter The Dark Wolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I never heard the term... but the question of whether or not he was KO'd got me thinking....

If you get knocked into a complete stupor and you're left on your knees or back or whatever, b/c you're too jacked to get up - even if you're not unconscience, you might as well round down and term it a knockout.

the 'flash ko' thing kinda sums that up, i'm assuming?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty much. It's a term used in boxing and mixed martial arts circles to describe basically that. A quick strike or series of strikes that leads to a knockdown, leaving the opponent not in a good spot to defend themselves because of a lack of cognition. The stupor typically doesn't last very long, and lots of times fighters who have been on the recieving end of a flash knockout may feel they can continue to fight. Sometimes, if they can hold and get a rest, they can. But left alone, the other fighter can typically capitalize on the flash and unleash a beatin'.

So, Glen is lucky Danny M walked away, otherwise it would say "The North Side Kings - The band that KILLED Glen Danzig!" :lol:

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
that video beat the hell out of the last one I saw with Danzig. lol j/k. I like punk. I like some the emo stuff too. PS stop whinning about the beat down and kick the crap out of whoever kicked you in the junk.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
^ :agreed: I'd call it a flash knockout, if I had to have a term for it. If you're familar with boxing, then that should be a recognizable term.

In martial arts, we call those punches "sissy punches". You have to be one to not get out of the way and you have to be one to actually throw it!! Homeboy showed no skill, technique, speed, or even power by any means whatso ever. But I give him props for dropping Danzig, I like his music, but he's a mega dick!

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mark. A said:
He didn't get knocked out.

You can hear him after the punch swearing and shit, most of you know if you get knocked outby a punhc you are in no state to get up let alone swear. It's a pathetic punch by a fat shit.

Agree.

It didn't seem to me like Glen was actually squaring off to fight him, more like they were just having words and getting heated. The guy just tossed a haymaker that caught him in the face before he knew what happened. That's not getting knocked out, that's some fat loser from a band that's lucky to be opening for him getting his 10 seconds of fame.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Agree.

It didn't seem to me like Glen was actually squaring off to fight him, more like they were just having words and getting heated. The guy just tossed a haymaker that caught him in the face before he knew what happened. That's not getting knocked out, that's some fat loser from a band that's lucky to be opening for him getting his 10 seconds of fame.

+1

I think Danzig's probably a little tougher than a 1 punch knockout. He just got rocked.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
I think Danzig's probably a little tougher than a 1 punch knockout. He just got rocked.

Definately, but anyone can get caught like this. Ultimate Fighting announcers call the chin "the button", because you just need to hit the button to rock someone. Your jaw gets pushed back into a nerve bundle, and out you go. If you aren't hit more than once, you recover really quick, wondering how the hell that happened.

This is why UFC is much safer than boxing. They fight to the point where a fighter is unable to rationally continue, and then they stop. Boxers use heavy gloves that allows them to sustain hit after hit, turning the brain into goo.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
The other day, this kid timmy accidently shoveled sand in my eyes on the sand box, so I pushed him off the monkey bars!!! LOL. Isn't dat hillarious???

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that:
Glenn hasn't been in a real fight in years (fear of lawsuits amongst many reasons). I'm not talking about martial arts and other structured combats.
Glenn probably thought nothing was going to happen
Glenn was just trying to look all tuff infront of the bystanders, again, probably thinking nothing was going to happen.

And

Danny doesn't have to worry about lawsuits
Danny doesn't have much to lose
Danny has much more real street fighting experience and attitude, accompanied by having less fear.

I bet if they squared off in a Fight Club style fight, danny would win. I predict Glenn, seeing this big guy, would fight very defensively thinking he'll just get Danny tired. Danny would probably go all out, Tank Abbott style, overwhelm Glenn, striking the fearful thought of "sh*t, my defense kinda sucks", and connect somewhere, putting Glenn down. Then Danny would sit on him.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
Definately, but anyone can get caught like this. Ultimate Fighting announcers call the chin "the button", because you just need to hit the button to rock someone. Your jaw gets pushed back into a nerve bundle, and out you go. If you aren't hit more than once, you recover really quick, wondering how the hell that happened.

This is why UFC is much safer than boxing. They fight to the point where a fighter is unable to rationally continue, and then they stop. Boxers use heavy gloves that allows them to sustain hit after hit, turning the brain into goo.
Exactly. If you guys have it in mind that a "knockout" is ONLY someone sprawled out on the ground, completely unconscious, well... those are actually more rare than the quick knockdown/knockouts that Noodles alludes to here.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the conflict may have been heated, but Danny seemed fairly calm considering the circustances. Listen to his voice as they were talking. Glen is the one who physically pushed him & said "Fuck you, motherfucker." Sorry, but if you're gonna start shit, expect to be dealt with accordingly. Danny was justified. Note that Danny only hit Glen once. He didn't freak out and start pummeling Glen mercilessly. Sometimes, one punch is all you need to do in order to get your point across.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Chris said:
Agree.

Agree. :agreed: I was thinking the same thing when I first watched the video.

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
maybe Niteliteboy would fart and scare them all away. Except for Chuck Norris of course... chuck norris BREATHS Farts.

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
Oogadee Boogadee said:
The punch was far from pathetic. He had to step forward to get back within reach. His hands were at his hips, not in a raised fighting position. He connected hard, on target, and made Glenn drill a hole in the floor. And he did it all lightening fast.

The slow-mo of Glenn spinning is priceless - i had to watch it over and over again. He deserved it, considering the major douche he's been for years. That punch was for everybody he's ever been a jerk to - when you consider that, then it's hard to deny he didn't have it coming. I bet he's a little more careful about who he pisses on now.

Yeah it's funny that you say that considering Glen turned his head when he saw the punch coming.

And I'm sorry, but if you think that's lightning fast stay away from any fights.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mark. A said:
Yeah it's funny that you say that considering Glen turned his head when he saw the punch coming.

And I'm sorry, but if you think that's lightning fast stay away from any fights.

:rolleyes:

Ok - maybe not as fast as all the bad-ass pro fighters on this forum; but for a big overweight guy who, with his hands down at his pockets, was 4 feet away from Glenn before he began to advancing forward for the punch, it was fast. Not the fastest. Far from the slowest. Sure, in the ring, you'll see a helluva lot faster - b/c duh - those guys are trained athletes, physically peaked for competition, and they're well aware that they are supposed to be fighting at that moment.

Danny was far faster than Glenn (and, relatively speaking - THAT's all that matters), and it was Glenn who was the first to be in an offensive position - first in the 'fight' of the flight-or-fight response. Danny then made a very fast decision to fight over flight, advanced a few feet, and connected.

Just to be clear, I'm not ruling out a touch of luck, I'm not saying Danny could do it every time, I'm not saying that if Glenn would have first punched instead of pushing, the opposite wouldn't have happened....

I'd really like to see how fast AND accurate all of us could execute this:
Fat guy
hands at sides
mentally in a WTF just happened mode?

Fat guy makes a decision that, before you can read his body language, results in:
Advancment of 4 feet
Hands go from sides to punch position
While traveling 4 feet toward a target, that could've moved, if that target wasn't so blackacidevil,
and accurately lands a punch, w/ enough force to spin the guy, and put him on the floor.

Glenn didn't turn his head before contact; rather, he got one hand up in Danny's face for a feeble attempt at a block, and probably just braced his head for impact.

Turn - i don't think so. Cross the line a pay for it? Yep.

there's more to it than speed - there's accuracy, power, balance and setting yourself up for the next strike, not injuring your own hand... all factors that are inversely proportional to each other. A fighter knows that and respects his opponent's combination of those factors, not runs from it. I'm definitely not saying Danny has a great combo of factors.

But, if I think that Danny is fast, then I will have better chances, since i'll be mindful of the potential threat coming my way. If I underestimate him, then I get clocked. I don't have to prove it. Glenn did.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What's REALLY amusing is...

I can't get the Starbucks (survivor "eye of the tiger") song out of my head:

"Glenn...
Glenn, Glenn, Glenn...
Glenn, Glenn, Glenn...
Glenn, Glenn, Glenn..."

')