Glitch electronica recommandations

• Thread starter Cyntex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cfrank

Reaction score
Kashiwa Daisuke for sure. His chill/piano songs are way better than his glitch/hard stuff but still an awesome artist. Amon Tobin is pretty much awesome too.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Kashiwa Daisuke for sure. His chill/piano songs are way better than his glitch/hard stuff but still an awesome artist. Amon Tobin is pretty much awesome too.

Amon Tobin kicks serious ass but the music is far from glitch.

Zer01

Reaction score
Don't know much about electronica and I know you said you're not big on ambient stuff, but i really like Loscil's Submers. To me it sounds a bit like some of the samples here.

TaronKeim

Fiend
Reaction score
Prefuse 73, Daedelus, Flying Lotus and KID606 - though none are strict Glitch and all but KID606 lean towards Glitch Hop they are all stellar innovators and originators of the genre. Daisuke is brilliant, as is AT and Squarepusher.

Something else you might want to dig through - All Music's list of glitch artists:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:11635

Another group to checkout, depending how much you're into the Glitch Hop stuff is Anti-Pop Consortium, their album Flourecent Black is off the hook but definately more Hip-Hop than Glitch, though their beats and use of glitch'n'beeps is pretty incredible.

_TJK*

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Prefuse 73, Daedelus, Flying Lotus and KID606 - though none are strict Glitch and all but KID606 lean towards Glitch Hop they are all stellar innovators and originators of the genre. Daisuke is brilliant, as is AT and Squarepusher.

Something else you might want to dig through - All Music's list of glitch artists:

allmusic

Another group to checkout, depening how much you're into the Glitch Hop stuff is Anti-Pop Consortium, their album Flourecent Black is off the hook but definately more Hip-Hop than Glitch, though their beats and use of glitch'n'beeps is pretty incredible.

_TJK*

Wow, thanks, actually I dig Hip-Hop as well, so that's even better :)

TaronKeim

Fiend
Reaction score
Wow, thanks, actually I dig Hip-Hop as well, so that's even better :)

The albums I'd recommend are:

Prefuse 73 - One Word Extinguisher
Prefuse 73 - Preperations
Daedelus - Exquisite Corpse
Daedelus - Invention
Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
KID606 - Kill Sound Before Sound Kills You

_TJK*

Metalhead77479

Reaction score
This thread has opened alot of doors for new ideas and the such
Thanks to all who contributed