[Glitch]The first fairly completed song off my up coming album. Please critique it!

• Thread starter IamOthello
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IamOthello

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jarrhead

Reaction score
I was gonna say this sounds like creep life. Space/Cave lifeforms.. then I read the description! Haha. Awesome stuff!

IamOthello

Reaction score
Sounds sick br0

Thanks, man!

I was gonna say this sounds like creep life. Space/Cave lifeforms.. then I read the description! Haha. Awesome stuff!

Awesome, I don't think you understand how happy it makes me that my idea has gotten across! thank you and I hope you follow me and download my album when it's finished!

:hbang:

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
sound super cool man! thanks for sharing your new tune !
for some odd reason, it reminds me a little bit of the "World's End Girlfriend" from japanese

hope here more cool tunes from you, yo

Reaction score
I dug that a whole bunch. I am very impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Also, that part where you were panning the vocal portion back and forth was really cool. I dug that little trick a lot.

Kavnar

Reaction score
This was fucking incredible dude. And I've been a huge fan of Sagan for years really fitting words you chose there man. Really nice song.

IamOthello

Reaction score
sound super cool man! thanks for sharing your new tune !
for some odd reason, it reminds me a little bit of the "World's End Girlfriend" from japanese

hope here more cool tunes from you, yo

Thank you, I'm infinitely glad you enjoyed it. I looked up Worlds End Girlfriend, really nice stuff. You should check this out,

also, if you are interested in anymore of music, you can download my full length album at, ColorsToChloe-ZacharyHuff.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download It's all piano.

I dug that a whole bunch. I am very impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Also, that part where you were panning the vocal portion back and forth was really cool. I dug that little trick a lot.

Awesome, thank you for taking the time to listen. Glad you enjoyed it.

That was pretty cool dude, keep 'em coming!

I most certainly will! I usually don't post individual tracks once I finish them, but I'll probably post the second one to get finished as well.

Thank you.

This was fucking incredible dude. And I've been a huge fan of Sagan for years really fitting words you chose there man. Really nice song.

Thank you for the extremely kind words! I too can never get enough Sagan in my life.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of le album!

etcetera

Reaction score
Really great stuff, if this is your least favourite then I can't wait to hear the rest.

theclap

Reaction score
very interesante. I like the idea of looking at music through the wave patterns of the signal and culminating those different wave lengths together to form an overall higher meaning, in this case a song. Real powerful and transpires well into our existence and ideas throughout physics and the rest of the scientific world. you definitely have one of the more interesting soundclouds i have seen haha.

IamOthello

Reaction score
Really great stuff, if this is your least favourite then I can't wait to hear the rest.

Thank you very much. Indeed, I am excited about the full release. I'm trying to maybe hit a deal with Alphabasic records. ;3

very interesante. I like the idea of looking at music through the wave patterns of the signal and culminating those different wave lengths together to form an overall higher meaning, in this case a song. Real powerful and transpires well into our existence and ideas throughout physics and the rest of the scientific world. you definitely have one of the more interesting soundclouds i have seen haha.

Indeed, I love working with my music and slowly shaping it to be what I want. My ultimate goal is to have complete control over the sound I create. I'm kind of there, but I just want to be able to create any sound I imagine.

A lot of the glitchy parts I do start off from things I hear in the real world, like a dump truck's bed sliding and grinding. I'm also an extremely visual person and I generally get ideas, like what you were saying, from the pictures in my head of life, moving and stretching and what have you.

Glad you enjoyed it.

This is absolutely fantastic! I've had it on repeat for 45 minutes now!

I'm excited to hear the rest of the material you're working on!

Excellent! I'll be sure to keep you updated on any more releases/album news. Thank you very much.

Whoa dude! This is sick. Great work :yesway:

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks again for taking the time!

etcetera

Reaction score
Haha, I can't stop listening to this song.

How do you go about getting those really clicky/glitchy drum sounds, by the way?

Borges

Reaction score
Intro is sick, most of those sounds reminded me of the game deadspace. Awesome.

IamOthello

Reaction score
Haha, I can't stop listening to this song.

How do you go about getting those really clicky/glitchy drum sounds, by the way?

Awesome, I am glad you enjoyed it.

Perhaps you could be a bit more specific, maybe with a time frame? :3

Intro is sick, most of those sounds reminded me of the game deadspace. Awesome.

Thank you so much. I haven't played Deadspace but I hear it's horrifying and the graphics I have seen of it, it looks bad ass! :hbang:

etcetera

Reaction score
Awesome, I am glad you enjoyed it.

Perhaps you could be a bit more specific, maybe with a time frame? :3

I guess I mean the clicky/glitchy/percussive stuff that sits over the beat when it kicks in at 0:35. It pans quite sporadically, and is just generally awesome. My understanding is that a lot of that sort of thing involves getting a sample and chopping, splicing, pitch shifting, layering, distorting, etc. I'm just intrigued as to how you go about it?

Sorry, that's probably even less specific than before. :lol:

')