Gnarly acoustic bands (instrumentals)

• Thread starter lord-loligator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lord-loligator

fun and fancy fizzle
Reaction score
so i've recently found this one guy who basically is his own band called crepusculum and the dudes name is fred baty. he has a nifty selection of acoustic tunes and a few with a 7 and it sounds absolutely beautiful. if any one can show me more bands like him i would greatly appreciate it. thank you. and you should most definately check him out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Espaul

Reaction score
He posts here on this forum and I believe many here are acquainted with him. He deserves some more exposure, so.. Bump!

lord-loligator

fun and fancy fizzle
Reaction score
He posts here on this forum and I believe many here are acquainted with him. He deserves some more exposure, so.. Bump!

he really does. i hav'nt been so moved by the soft stuff in a long time but i would definately love to jam with him in the future (if ever)

Fred

Reaction score
Whatever I'm paying you, it's not enough, haha. Thanks very much, really glad you dig some of the tunes!

My biggest influence by a long, long way is a guy called Sumner McKane - sumner mckane. I'm fairly sure that you can stream just about all of his albums for free on there, and I'd strongly recommend you at least buy "Two If By Sea"... Truly one of the most spectacular albums I've ever heard.

In terms of more acoustic-centric stuff, my most recent discovery is a guy called Gregory Johnson, who writes some seriously beautiful tunes and is a damn talented arranger to boot... This is one of my favourites of his videos:

Erik Mongrain's another cracking solo acoustic guitarist. Absolutely flawless technique, and the man knows how to write a seriously compelling tune as well:

And I'll leave you with Peter Broderick, who has got to be one of the most prolific songwriters on this planet. So much so that I haven't actually been able to keep up with his output recently - still digesting his earlier albums! Great tune:

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you find something to dig out of those guys!

lord-loligator

fun and fancy fizzle
Reaction score
i have to thank you all for this because it feels like a gold mine to me that i just hit. ill try to get all of these doods on my mp3. it may just change my whole style of playing aswell. i have a question for fred though. what tuning are you in for abaculus perceptive? i wanna say its drop c but i think im wrong, and also for hannah. amazing stuff

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
Doesn't really sound like that, but Tommy Emmanuel is one of the best acoustic players I've ever heard.
Funny as hell too.

Fred

Reaction score
Tommy Emmanuel's awesome. Not the kind of stuff I casually listen to on a regular basis, but have seen him live a couple of times and would jump at the chance to do so again! Stunning performer and he puts on a great show.

what tuning are you in for abaculus perceptive? i wanna say its drop c but i think im wrong, and also for hannah. amazing stuff

You're spot on - Abaculus Perceptive is indeed Drop-C. For Hannah is in open D minor - DADFAD. There are Powertabs of both of them here:

http://www.crepusculum.co.uk/abaculusperceptive.ptb
http://www.crepusculum.co.uk/forhannah.ptb

')