God, Aliens and Astronauts

Ckackley

Reaction score
Gods- Manifestations of energy created by people who believe. Energy can't be destroyed so all of that prayer/ritual energy has to go somewhere.

Aliens- Sure, why not. There's way too much real estate in the universe to not have other life.

So the origin of humanity ? Some random chemicals and a lightning strike. Or an alien space craft was out exploring and an alien had to take a dump and "poof" bacteria evolved. Either way, there was life which created the Gods through focus and attention as they tried to figure out what the hell they were doing. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Gods- Manifestations of energy created by people who believe. Energy can't be destroyed so all of that prayer/ritual energy has to go somewhere.

I have always been intrigued as to what energy this is... Sure, I can buy that there is such an exchange of energy, but is it electricicity, mass, sound, light, heat, or radiation?

And if it is energy, wouldn't it then be measurable? Energy has real world properties, and are therefore by definition measurable.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I am the ALIEN GOD. I am the ANCIENT ASTRONAUT.

I came to your ROCK OF CRUDE, WORTHLESS ELEMENTS. I watched as your FEEBLE one-celled ancestors floated around, BARELY QUANTIFIABLE AS ALIVE.

Reaction score
I always found it funny how this sort of explanation still doesn't in any way cut a possible "creator" out of the picture. I'm not a Creationist, but this explanation of how life comes to be is still crude, I suspect.

Yeah, it doesn't rule out anything, science is science, not absolute truth, only our best guesses with the technology and knowledge available at the moment.

Intelligent Design will teach that it is God who made supernovae explode in the Hydrogen gas cloud that collapsed (by God's will) in order to enrich the surrounding clouds and future stars in Iron 60... That then exploded and created an Aluminum-26-rich wind that whirled around a gigantic star and blah blah blah....

But when God's will follows scientific evidence... who really wins?

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
I frequently ponder the possibility that God and Jesus actually were aliens but since humans back then didn't have the right words to describe what they were seeing, it all got convoluted.

Who knows...Always an interesting topic though.

djyngwie

Reaction score
What energy? There's no particular energy expenditure involved in the mentioned processes. Btw, studies show that prayer have no measureable effects or, in the case where people know others are praying for them, a small negative effect (presumably because of the pressure involved).

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Isn't there something like 17 Billion earth sized planets within the habitable zone within our galaxy alone ? My personal opinion is that I think its safe to assume that within our universe there

are other civilizations.

Either way, as far as a creator Im not sure and Im hoping it will be a long long time until I find out :lol:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What we're thinking of as aliens - they're extra-dimensional beings that an earlier precursor of the space program made contact with. They are not what they claim to be. They have infiltrated a lot of aspects of the military establishment particularly Area 51.

The disasters that are coming, the government knows about them, and there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now; but they are not doing anything about it.

They want the major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a good thing I had Patrick Stewart's beautiful mug to keep me grounded through all that, because it was amazingly straight-faced.

:spock:

:ugh:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Randy's Thesis said:

homer-simpson-hiding-in-the-bushes.gif

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Using our ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY I and my compatriots raised you from CONFUSED APES to BEINGS CAPABLE OF ABSTRACT THOUGHT. You were our best efforts to create a companion species, OUR RESPONSE TO THE DISTRESSING LACK OF SUFFICIENTLY INTELLIGENT LIFE IN THE COSMOS.

You have failed us.

WE WATCHED YOU SPREAD. From continent to continent, you moved restlessly, flourishing in some places, and in others you continued to live as SAVAGES. We visited you, wanting to welcome you into our arms as equals, as brothers in an empty universe. YOU BOWED DOWN TO US AS GODS. We gave you ideas. We implanted some of your greatest minds with the seedlings of engineering, and instead of using them to create A BETTER WORLD, you BUILT US MONUMENTS AT THE COST OF BLOOD.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Randy's thesis proves what I had been thinking as I read through this thread.

and that is that some things are not quantifiable but only qualifiable.

And that...is some quality shit right there. .....

:)

Also, Rev-what song are you quoting?

and if it is not a song why in the hell not?

bhakan

Reaction score
What we're thinking of as aliens - they're extra-dimensional beings that an earlier precursor of the space program made contact with. They are not what they claim to be. They have infiltrated a lot of aspects of the military establishment particularly Area 51.

The disasters that are coming, the government knows about them, and there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now; but they are not doing anything about it.

They want the major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable.

:hbang:

TristanTTN

Reaction score
I believe that if we were created by some type of creator, it would not be an all powerful God that we could pray to or connect with in some type of way, but merely a creator.

As of now, I'll just stick with what facts and theories that science has to offer.

Also, I think it is ridiculous to think that we are the only intelligent life in the universe knowing that there are billions of other planets out there. I do not think an alien will ever be able to contact Earth though ... unless warp drives were real or if there were certain species of intelligent aliens that have discovered how to live an eternal life so that they could travel thousands of light years to reach our planet.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I believe that if we were created by some type of creator, it would not be an all powerful God that we could pray to or connect with in some type of way, but merely a creator.

As of now, I'll just stick with what facts and theories that science has to offer.

Also, I think it is ridiculous to think that we are the only intelligent life in the universe knowing that there are billions of other planets out there. I do not think an alien will ever be able to contact Earth though ... unless warp drives were real or if there were certain species of intelligent aliens that have discovered how to live an eternal life so that they could travel thousands of light years to reach our planet.

Consider what humans are doing.

We wanted to know what was out there in the cosmos, so we sent out the Voyager satellites. Since then, we've been steadily sending more and more advanced and capable machinery to explore for us. Who's to say that in a few decades, we won't be sending partially-A.I. capable machines out there? Or that we won't just send full-on smart spaceships to do our contacting for us?

In that case, back on Earth, we could all die of a million different causes, and our Cylon children would be left to wander the universe with no purpose. Intelligent life doesn't have to be out there. Life does seem to demand existence, if one were to look at the many extinction event we've experienced and the tenacity with which life has clung on to this rock. As far as aliens themselves visiting us, or even being carbon-based, hell, even being recognizable as forms of life... Who knows?

I'm more down with Lovecraft's version of aliens. So strange, so indefinably not of this Earth, that it would break our minds to behold them. That's some eldritch shit I'd worship. :bowdown:

')