God, Aliens and Astronauts

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I believe that, at this point in our evolution, our brains simply cannot comprehend what created us and the rest of the Universe. The religious types will tell you they know for certain that some intelligent being, that just always existed, created everything. And then the Big Bang Theory means that some particles just "always existed" and that they exploded into the Universe. Both of those sound like things people just hold onto to believe in something; and that's fine. I never judge or tear down people for their Religious and creation beliefs.

As far as Aliens go... oh yeah, big believer. Whether they've visited Earth or not? I dunno. But, (per a meme I saw the other day) saying there's no other intelligent life in the Universe is like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there are no whales.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
As far as Aliens go... oh yeah, big believer.

Well duh! One played in the NBA.

alien2.jpg

:lol:

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
It really angers me that there is people on the face of the Earth that are consciously spreading incorrect facts and thoughts, all the while sinking established boats like the big bang theory or the theory of evolution, and claiming their own raft to be as good as other scientific established "boats".

^ That! There's nothing that I can't stand more than willfull ignorance or believing and spreading rhetoric under the guise of facts.

I wish everyone in the world would have as much access to just one course on secular critical thinking at a young age, as much as they have access to religions.

Kinda makes me wonder what we truly value more as a society and what we want to pass down to the next generation - tradition or knowledge? :scratch:

BadStarWanderer

Reaction score
To qoute the Bible. "And God said,Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

The Bible clearly states that God made man in the image of multiple beings.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
To qoute the Bible. "And God said,Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

According to greek myths the world is a giant woman. We were created by a disgruntled former employee of Zeus, and we are also completely void of any good qualitites apart of we standing upright and using fire.

/Thread

BadStarWanderer

Reaction score
I'm just using the Bible to support my alien beliefs a lot of people veiw god as one he/she/dude/thing I see that passage and think of multiple gods/alien/astronaut that created man. In their image.

Here's something I. Found on Mount Sinai . To support the alien theme with the Bible.

"Here I will present evidence to you that Moses was in contact with spaceships. Take it as you will but at the very least take it with an open mind. Here we go.

1. Moses frequently met the angel (spaceship of God) on Mount Sinai and in other locations. There the angel (the spaceship) of the Lord Yahweh appeared to him in flames of fire from a bush (a description in the terms of their times). Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, ‘I will go over and see this strange sight -why the bush does not burn up.’

2. On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud (the spaceship) over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast (the spaceship’s engine) Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the Lord descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, the whole mountain trembled violently, and the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder. Then Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.” (Exodus 19:16-19).

3. Moses spent 40 days inside Yahweh’s spaceship. His description is identical with the descriptions given by Enoch, Ezekiel, Daniel, John and other biblical prophets: “They saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself.

4. Whenever Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent; and the Lord would speak with Moses. When all the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance of the tent, all the people would arise and worship each at the entrance of his tent. (Exodus 33:9-11).

5.“In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out –until the day it lifted. So the cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, during all their travels.” (Exodus 40:36-40). This pillar of cloud seems like a vauge discription of a ufo to me. There are many other references that point out to a spaceship and things flying all over the place. I got my info from

here www.ufodigest.com..."

bhakan

Reaction score
I feel like you are confusing a lot of "I guess that could be interpreted as aliens" for "HOLY CRAP! ALIENS MUST HAVE DONE EVERYTHING!"

Just because fires that didn't go and trumpets could be used by early people to describe a spaceship, doesn't make any of it plausible, let alone the fact that the Bible is hardly solid, scientific evidence towards anything.

Reaction score
I admit that it's not impossible that aliens did visit the Earth. And it's not even impossible that they interpreted it as God or something, and wrote the Ancient Testament upon this. Maybe even the Bible.

However, such claims, due to the obvious lack of evidence, must be taken with a lot of caution. There are a lot of ways to interpret such words. Things like "the bush in fire" might as well be a transcription error, for all we know.

groph

Reaction score
Well, some protoform of nucleic acids happened to be made by chance on the early Earth, then through life and death and a lot of luck it became what we are today, and everything else that is living (including viruses) on Earth.

This is basically what I believe, because evidence.

I always found it funny how this sort of explanation still doesn't in any way cut a possible "creator" out of the picture. I'm not a Creationist, but this explanation of how life comes to be is still crude, I suspect.

No it doesn't, but it just pushes the "creator" back another link on the causal chain, who created the creator, etc.

As far as this "ancient astronauts" stuff is concerned, I'll have to see it to believe it. If we make contact with aliens then it's plausible that they've been to Earth before but I think it's kind of ridiculous to say "aliens did it" when we've never seen a fucking alien.

God and religion in general is fine with me, but major institutionalized religions like the Abrahamic faiths have been ...problematic, not the beliefs per se but institutions themselves, so the clergy and the church. Practicing religion as a philosophical exercise isn't a bad thing to me, maybe some call that "spiritual" as in "I'm not religious but I'm spiritual" which is fine as long as you don't ACTUALLY BELIEVE that there's a magic bearded dude or a sentient collection of pasta inhabiting some realm somewhere.

7STRINGWARRIOR

jacksons4thewin
Reaction score
I personally believe that we were created to mine gold. I do believe in evolution, but I believe we were genetically engineered. I don't believe that homo erectus naturally evolved into homo sapiens. I believe that The Bible/Quran/Torah are 99% garbage.

I believe these "wars" are only a war against human intelligence. They'll continue to blow up ancient monuments and pillage museums until everything that picks your brain is gone. The Bible/Quran/Torah are great instruments to organize a civilization.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get outside and watch the stars every once and a while. Those who don't believe in "aliens" should go outside and "look up", rather than looking down at an electronic device.

Our military has unbelievable technology, we're almost there.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
I'm just using the Bible to support my alien beliefs a lot of people veiw god as one he/she/dude/thing I see that passage and think of multiple gods/alien/astronaut that created man. In their image.

Here's something I. Found on Mount Sinai . To support the alien theme with the Bible.

"Here I will present evidence to you that Moses was in contact with spaceships. Take it as you will but at the very least take it with an open mind. Here we go.

1. Moses frequently met the angel (spaceship of God) on Mount Sinai and in other locations. There the angel (the spaceship) of the Lord Yahweh appeared to him in flames of fire from a bush (a description in the terms of their times). Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, ‘I will go over and see this strange sight -why the bush does not burn up.’

2. On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud (the spaceship) over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast (the spaceship’s engine) Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the Lord descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, the whole mountain trembled violently, and the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder. Then Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.” (Exodus 19:16-19).

3. Moses spent 40 days inside Yahweh’s spaceship. His description is identical with the descriptions given by Enoch, Ezekiel, Daniel, John and other biblical prophets: “They saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself.

4. Whenever Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent; and the Lord would speak with Moses. When all the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance of the tent, all the people would arise and worship each at the entrance of his tent. (Exodus 33:9-11).

5.“In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out –until the day it lifted. So the cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, during all their travels.” (Exodus 40:36-40). This pillar of cloud seems like a vauge discription of a ufo to me. There are many other references that point out to a spaceship and things flying all over the place. I got my info from

here www.ufodigest.com..."

While I do find it pretty freakin' cool to think of the awe and wonder that one can feel if they were to witness these events in the way that you presented them, I have to say that you could replace "alien" with any other yet to be unproven creature and still get the same result, logically speaking.

Whenever something like the bible, which is so open to interpretation for several reasons, is used in support of something like aliens or even the existence of god for that matter, you sort of enter into a position where you HAVE to suspend your imagination and "believe" in something, more so than relying on facts.

You could technically replace the alien theme with several other themes and it would be plausible to interpret those passages as support for those themes. I.e. Zeus theme, Shiva theme, Flying Spaghetti Monster theme.

It's cookie cutter logic. Makes for a cool story, but still suggestive at best, if even that.

Reaction score
I personally believe that we were created to mine gold.

Then what are you waiting? Go and mine gold, if that's the reason why you're alive.

I do believe in evolution, but I believe we were genetically engineered. I don't believe that homo erectus naturally evolved into homo sapiens.

Facts prove you wrong. Dig up in Europe and Africa and you'll eventually find skulls and skeletons that look like you, and the more you'll dig, the less they will. That's a pretty cool thing called "evolution".

I believe that The Bible/Quran/Torah are 99% garbage.

Yup, and 1% papyrus.

I believe these "wars" are only a war against human intelligence. They'll continue to blow up ancient monuments and pillage museums until everything that picks your brain is gone. The Bible/Quran/Torah are great instruments to organize a civilization.

Yeah... those religious works were there to indeed organize shit up, and imbue valors and principles into people's mind, which is a good thing up to a certain point. Great religions diverged and were power-hungry, however.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get outside and watch the stars every once and a while. Those who don't believe in "aliens" should go outside and "look up", rather than looking down at an electronic device.

Well, I myself often look up at the stars whenever I can, and I am not a rocket scientist, you were right! Then, what did you see to be so convinced about alien's existence? I think, however, that you might learn much more on an electronic device than by watching the sky alone. I am not saying aliens are irrefutably inexistent, quite the contrary. There is just no proof of that, and if you tell me I gotta believe they're there, you rely more on faith than on reason.

Our military has unbelievable technology, we're almost there.

Where?

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score

Majestic plural - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, it doesn't. Similar to Romance languages (French, Spanish, Italian, etc) using the plural form of "you" (vous, vosotros, vi) to give respect, archaic English uses the plural form of "I" (we) to show the majesty of the speaker. Kings, popes and deities use it. See Queen Victoria's well-known quote: "We are not amused."

Also, the King James translation of the bible isn't exactly the most rigorous translation of the original Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew. At best, the King James Old Testament is an English translation of the Latin translation of the Greek translation of the Hebrew (or Aramaic, depending on the book) original. Five minutes on Google Translate will let you know how bad those kinds of translations can get.

I try not to believe. I'm reasonably convinced by the evidence I have seen and the logic of the arguments of the theory that early organic molecules were created from simple chemical mixtures in early Earth's atmosphere, that over a timescale of millions if not billions of years they combined and recombined and began a slow process of evolution, leading first to single-celled organisms, later the plant and animal kingdoms, leading eventually and over the course of millions of years to dinosaurs, mammals, hominids, Homo, Sapiens (not forgetting our cousins Neanderthalensis, Heidelbergensis and the hobbit-sized Floresiensis), language, tools, culture, religion, farming, cities, governments, nations, capitalism, slavery, genocide, democracy, and science.

I've seen no evidence of aliens but it seems foolish to discount the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. There's no evidence for them having ever been here though. Just as the timescales I just described are almost immeasurably lengthy, the universe is (possibly literally) immeasurably vast. I'm fairly sure we'll find single-celled organisms under the ice of Europa - it seems it could have the right conditions for organic molecules to have arisen. If there are any intelligent aliens in our galaxy, since they've neglected to contact us yet, they're either A) very far away, B) at the same technological level as ourselves or lower, C) incapable of travelling faster than the speed of light, or D) all of the above.

Finally, people like gold because it's shiny. Because people like it, it became valuable. Because it held great value, it became more desirable. Simple economics, really. Same with diamonds, but I don't hear anyone saying that aliens bred us to mine carbon.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Moses spent 40 days inside Yahweh’s spaceship.

I just had a mental image in my head of a bearded Charlton Heston getting probed by Greys.

Who knows, maybe the 10 Commandments were originally given to Moses on 2 Ipads. Maybe the real reason he destroyed the original set was because he got frustrated trying to navigate the desert using Apple Maps. :lol:

')