Godzilla 2014

• Thread starter ghostred7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
That's awesome that you have reserved tickets this far in advance, haha. I will probably end up going to see it in imax 3d if it gets reviewed as it being the recommended format...like, I bothered seeing Gravity in imax 3d cause everyone said that was by far the best way to experience it, but I didn't bother with the movies like the Marvel ones where it's just sort of an up-conversion to sell more expensive tickets and it's just sort of a bells and whistles deal. (I do this because an imax trip involves 3+ hours of driving!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
I fell asleep in the theater while watching gravity. That movie was soooo ....ing boring. :lol:

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
stranded type movies have always been boring. hate 'em, personally.

May can not come fast enough.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
That's awesome that you have reserved tickets this far in advance, haha. I will probably end up going to see it in imax 3d if it gets reviewed as it being the recommended format...like, I bothered seeing Gravity in imax 3d cause everyone said that was by far the best way to experience it, but I didn't bother with the movies like the Marvel ones where it's just sort of an up-conversion to sell more expensive tickets and it's just sort of a bells and whistles deal. (I do this because an imax trip involves 3+ hours of driving!!)
After seeing the difference in digital 2D & IMAX 3D w/ Pacific Rim, it's the only format I'll watch it in. The immersion and feel of Jaeger/Kaiju size was more prevalent/believable in the IMAX 3D vs. the 2D. I'm sure I'll see it in: IMAX 3D, digital 2D, crappy $1 theater 2D, BluRay lol

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
One big problem I have with Hans Zimmer is he doesn't know anything about theory or orchestration. He hires other people to transfer what he writes to orchestrate his stuff. The inception soundtrack and gladiator soundtrack and the three batman ones do have some cool stuff in them though.

That being said, he did write my favourite soundtrack song ever:

wankerness

Reaction score
After seeing the difference in digital 2D & IMAX 3D w/ Pacific Rim, it's the only format I'll watch it in. The immersion and feel of Jaeger/Kaiju size was more prevalent/believable in the IMAX 3D vs. the 2D. I'm sure I'll see it in: IMAX 3D, digital 2D, crappy $1 theater 2D, BluRay lol

I have a 3d-capable tv and a 3d-capable bluray player but I've never actually tried it...the stupid glasses cost like 80 bucks, and I only have a few 3D discs to test it with (Life of Pi, Titanic, Dredd, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Prometheus, Hugo). I wonder if home 3D is any good at all, I just assume it's weak if you don't have a sizable TV (like 60"+), but I've never known anyone else that had any 3D blurays and the glasses either!

flint757

Reaction score
Active 3D at home is awesome on any size TV. Worth it? Personal preference. Passive is okay, works much better in the theaters for sure. I play a lot of games on my 3D monitor, only 24 in, and I hate not using it now.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
I'm kind of obsessed with this poster.

_1398354726.jpg

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
I watched the Asia Trailer last night...."Let them fight"

Damn, it is going to be awesome!
I think now that Captain America 2 has past, I'm more excited for this than any other movie coming out.

Reaction score
As a longtime Godzilla fan I'm seriously looking forward to this movie. I'm hoping it won't be a waste of money

wankerness

Reaction score
The best part of that ad is the "didn't actually happen" disclaimer.

Reaction score
Just downloaded Godzila Strike Zone on android. Would've been epic if it was longer. :(

ah_graylensman

Reaction score
My question is: Where is Blue Oyster Cult in all of this? :lol:

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this. I rewatched the original 1954 version over the weekend and plan to watch Pacific Rim some time this week to get ready for it. :hbang:

Latest posts

')