Godzilla Ibanez Rg7620 w/ Burl Maple Top

• Thread starter Panamared305
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Panamared305

Live from tha 305
Reaction score
After 2+ months fudging around with this bitch she's finally done. I never thought she would play as well and sound as good as she does but I deserve it none the less for all the time and effort I put into this. This remake started as a swirl in the works but got shifted in a different direction. After I stripped the body I had a maple burl cap slapped on to be different. I thendyed the burl with blue and yellow water based dye, which worked well for my color scheme. I clear coated with 2 cans of Deft gloss clear and sanded with 400 600 800 and 1000 between until final polish. I cleaned the neck up and did a fret leveling and polish. I also sanded the clear off the neck = much faster playing w/ increased control. Any-who, after the pups were installed I plugged her into the Mesa and Blasted My Face Off :shred:

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You need to upload the pics brosef - can't host them from your pc :lol:

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Excellent choice for a name....probably the coolest looking 7620 I've ever seen. Congrats dude, I can only imagine how satisfying it is to know you made that your guitar!

ev1ltwin

Sad Redskins Fan
Reaction score
your shirt matches your guitar: attention to detail

EDIT: also, you look like jason campbell

imagesqtbnANd9GcTvR3vQgPWNqx-u3jTYP5AcE5hrzLk-b5Cz4ydaGsl1eRcbNo8J_g.jpg

Latest posts

')