Godzilla Ibanez Rg7620 w/ Burl Maple Top

• Thread starter Panamared305
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Panamared305

Live from tha 305
Reaction score
That looks magnificent man, Good job on the finish. Very professional looking

Bless you :hbang: GOTM Votez PLZ

Looks fantastic :yesway:

Serious question: Are you the Old Spice guy?

Yea for shredders ! GOTM Votez PLZ

Frickin unbelievable! :eek:
I plan on doing something similar on my 7620. How thick was the maple you used?

I didn't measure it because it was slapped on by a custom shop but it looks like a 1/8 inch thick.

i'm not normally a fan of the yellow/green burst type of finishes, but using the burled maple really made that work out better than the ones i've seen with quilt maple...small detail, big difference

Thanks, I originally was gonna go flame or quilt but once i saw the burl, I was sold. and the burl the shop slapped on was far more than i could ask for ! especially since it was free... Shhh. p.s. GOTM Votez PLZ :hbang:

Oh. My. God. And you look so happy on that one picture! :lol:

Trust me pal I'm Ecstatic :shred:

Isn't water based dye fun! Almost done with my Loomis refinish and your fantastic job on your guitar inspires me to get sanding and done with it so I can have a big PanamaRed smile :hbang: and play it again too:metal:

Right on ! The force is strong with this one :hbang:

Excellent transformation and the pix of your Miami sunshine are warming up the home here in chilly Seattle ha...

Awesome ! Melt the Snow away ! we had 30 degreez but nothin like the shit-storm your getting ! stay cozy bro

Looks awesome.

bless you :hbang: GOTM Votez PLZ

:Holyshit:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to live in Fort Lauderdale and work in Miramar/Miami, what shop did you take it to for work, if you don't mind me asking? :)

marbledbeef

Reaction score
After 2+ months fudging around with this bitch she's finally done. I never thought she would play as well and sound as good as she does but I deserve it none the less for all the time and effort I put into this. This remake started as a swirl in the works but got shifted in a different direction. After I stripped the body I had a maple burl cap slapped on to be different. I thendyed the burl with blue and yellow water based dye, which worked well for my color scheme. I clear coated with 2 cans of Deft gloss clear and sanded with 400 600 800 and 1000 between until final polish. I cleaned the neck up and did a fret leveling and polish. I also sanded the clear off the neck = much faster playing w/ increased control. Any-who, after the pups were installed I plugged her into the Mesa and Blasted My Face Off :shred:

/QUOTE]

When I started reading I didn't know if you were talking about the axe or the dog?
:lol:
Jokes aside, excellent work and cool loafers!

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sweet burl! Love the finish, too. Definitely well-named. :D

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a heads up for the OP we don't do GOTM anymore, and even if we still were asking for votes would have automatically disqualified you anyways.

Reaction score
Holy fuck, it's beautiful! One of the nicest maple burl tops I've seen, with an awesome finish. Let me play it!

Also, give me your dog!

Korpau

Reaction score
That is probably my favourite looking modded Ibanez 7 at the moment, really pretty!

Reaction score
my pic got hijacked. thats what happens when you hotlink. jason campbell is here again:

imagesqtbnANd9GcTvR3vQgPWNqx-u3jTYP5AcE5hrzLk-b5Cz4ydaGsl1eRcbNo8J_g.jpg

Seriously. I was ecstatic to see that Justin Tuck and now Jason Campbell are a part of our lovely forum. :cool:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Burl Lizard, I like it!

Latest posts

')