Going for realistic drum sound please help!

• Thread starter feeleuphoria
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
bump.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/matt-denson/walk-hard-revamp[/SC]

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
sounds pretty slammin man I think. I think getting a real drum sound comes a lot from velocity adjustment and writing stuff that gets away from the genre of music that tends to sound like fake drums by default. that's my opinion anyways. but sounds good man. I'd say some velocity adjustment on the snare maybe? here and there. slammin stuff though dewd :)

Diet Kirk

Reaction score
To be honest mate, that sounds great. This kind of stuff has to be nailed tight and precise drum wise, so I wouldn't do a lot of messing around with velocities and such. Maybe just vary a couple in the fills and make sure any snare ghost notes that are in a row don't all have the same velocity. Then the heavy bit at the end of the clip, i would just tickle the crash cymbal you are riding on a fraction behind the beat, give it that lilting feel, maybe the snare too (leave the kick drum bang on), but check how the snare sounds after you do it.

Otherwise the room reverb suggestion is a good one, just to give it some more enourmaty.

frogman81

Reaction score
I think the drums sound pretty killer. Are they toontrack? Clicked in one-by-one or with loops/modified loops?

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
The drums sound good.

"Realistic" depends on what you mean by the word.

Do they sound natural (unedited)? No.
Do they sound like they're played by a human drummer? They sound similar to the human drummer performed and parts that end up heavily quantized and sample replaced on many modern albums.

Latest posts

')