Gojira - Ah! Ça Ira (Olympics opening ceremony)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gojira is always fucking sick live. Doesn't surprise me they killed it during the ceremony. Hopefully they go back to Way of All Flesh levels heaviness on the next record because the last one was a snoozefest.
1000%. I liked some of Magma but WoAF is damn near perfect.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
are they really focused on this? id think they'd be more into the mockery of the last supper and the Saturn worship
I regretfully spend enough time on Facebook and Reddit to see that all of the above has gotten some jimmies rustled. People not understanding what the imagery was supposed to mean, calling the Olympics woke, crying about the last supper that wasn't a last supper, crying about the the "bad performances", crying about drag performers, etc etc. You know, like normal facebook stuff. From the wasteland that is facebook. At this point, facebook is just the place where old grumps go to shout into the void about wokeness. Any normal person in the real world I've spoken to seemed to land in a "the ceremony had something for everyone, so that's pretty cool" kind of place.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I regretfully spend enough time on Facebook and Reddit to see that all of the above has gotten some jimmies rustled. People not understanding what the imagery was supposed to mean, calling the Olympics woke, crying about the last supper that wasn't a last supper, crying about the the "bad performances", crying about drag performers, etc etc. You know, like normal facebook stuff. From the wasteland that is facebook. At this point, facebook is just the place where old grumps go to shout into the void about wokeness. Any normal person in the real world I've spoken to seemed to land in a "the ceremony had something for everyone, so that's pretty cool" kind of place.
And also like, this is the Paris Olympics. Do people not have any idea that Parisian and French culture in general is historically considered to be a little wacky and lightly subversive at its basest level? This isn't the Atlanta Olympics, grandpa.

')