Gojira - Ah! Ça Ira (Olympics opening ceremony)

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Soapbox stand parroting the same shit loads of people have over the years: Props to France because Roger Gooddell doesn't have the courage to let a popular metal band i.e. Metallica etc play the Super Bowl Halftime $how. From a business perspective, I get it- attract younger/wider range of viewers, be HIP or whatever, but there's been some real stinker halftime shows the in the last 20 years and Metallica deserves it and I'm not a Metallica fan in the slightest. When Jay Z brought back the late 90s/early 2000s hip hop montage a couple years ago it was pretty nice. Now do classic metal. They won't. Instead we'll get more Moron 5 and The Wkendesque stuff. They're trying to pull Taylor Swift because that's their golden goose. Boooo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Soapbox stand parroting the same shit loads of people have over the years: Props to France because Roger Gooddell doesn't have the courage to let a popular metal band i.e. Metallica etc play the Super Bowl Halftime $how. From a business perspective, I get it- attract younger/wider range of viewers, be HIP or whatever, but there's been some real stinker halftime shows the in the last 20 years and Metallica deserves it and I'm not a Metallica fan in the slightest. When Jay Z brought back the late 90s/early 2000s hip hop montage a couple years ago it was pretty nice. Now do classic metal. They won't. Instead we'll get more Moron 5 and The Wkendesque stuff. They're trying to pull Taylor Swift because that's their golden goose. Boooo.
As a fan of football, It would be nice to see rock and metal bands perform at the Superbowl. :agreed:

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I can see why you would say Metallica should get the halftime show, but I would personally prefer to see Dying Fetus tearing it up.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Has Nickeblback done the super bowl? It feels like they would've done it by now, and it also feels like that's about as far into rock territory that the superbowl people would venture.

manu80

Reaction score
Kiss has done it , right ? Foo fighters would be ultra metal for them, ah ah ! and people would be pissed because it's doesn't represent everyone...
It's funny as pop and rap are really the only things allowed right now....RnB, techno is all good in france, everywhere, all the time and some visuals/messages are sometimes on a way lower level than metal....but metal still has its reputation you know anyways.....But when I see that the Hellfest is full every year, and it helps the area to live when it's on, metal can stay as is. It works. Sometimes it's fine not to follow the mass market...

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I like metal and I don't like Gojira. I imagine people that don't like metal will really not like Gojira. Your mileage may vary.

Reaction score
I didn't know much about Gojira, but I thought the performance (live or otherwise) and the overall concept was great.

Canada isn't in the running anytime soon, so it's a shame we won't see Voivod in an opening ceremony.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
NFL = No Fun League

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Maiden steals every show they play. People would just go home after halftime.
The problem with the people at the Super Bowl is that they are not there to see the game or the half-time show. They are there to be seen so everyone knows they dropped a small fortune on the tickets.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
The problem with the people at the Super Bowl is that they are not there to see the game or the half-time show. They are there to be seen so everyone knows they dropped a small fortune on the tickets.
I thought they were only there to see their queen Taylor Swift and watch for the signal so that they can activate and enact the woke liberal agenda?

Last edited:
')