Gojira - Ah! Ça Ira (Olympics opening ceremony)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Seen them live twice, they are one of the best live bands out there. The show, the performamce and the sound was just overall perfect.

This is just perfect. Creds to the French for showing some Balls!

They should have used headless guitars though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
This is a band that I've tried to get into, mostly because some of the bands I like, like them. Where would recommend I start?

For me, the best of the classic era is albums 3 through 7, Killing Technology, Dimension Hatross, Nothingface (maybe the best place for a new listener to dive in), Angel Rat and The Outer Limits. I like the first 2 as well, but they hadn't 100% got their thing going until the 3rd one, IMO. AR & TOL aren't quite up to the preceding 3, but are still good.

All the records in the new era of the band (w/ Dan Mongrain on guitar) are great as well, IMO. You could do worse than to start with the latest and work backwards.

The records between Outer Limits and the Mongrain era have their moments, but aren't as solid as the other stuff, IMO.

Reaction score
Seen them live twice, they are one of the best live bands out there. The show, the performamce and the sound was just overall perfect.

This is just perfect. Creds to the French for showing some Balls!

They should have used headless guitars though.
Has anyone made a headless model called The Guillotine?

see also (French content):

Acephale1.gif

BabUShka

Reaction score
I happily trade the joke only guitarists would get for that badass looking reverse headstock Jackson. I mean this is metal as fuck:

452999243_882268020601794_8809922711687343518_n.jpg

Cant argue that one, it looks amazing. yes to more V's with the RR/Alexi style shape.

Latest posts

')