Gojira Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter Jysan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
So...I just got into these guys a few weeks ago. Needless to say, I am hooked on their entire catalogue. It's just so...well...GOOD! It's different, it's dynamic, it's catchy, it's brutal, it's progressive...Though not the most technical (that's arguable) there's definately something completely unique there. Terrible analogy but the only way I've been able to describe them to my friends is a heavier Tool...What are your guys' thoughts on them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
I've been a fan for a couple of years,and i love them! Saw them live last summer, its one of the best concerts ive ever been on:)

Aberak

I is Smart
Reaction score
I think they're ok, I saw them live with COB and Amon Amarth.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I love their sound but after 3 or 4 songs their tone makes me tired.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I like them, certainly one of the best metal band over here.

Demeyes

Reaction score
They are a class band. The first I heard of them was when I saw them at Graspop. They blew me away. Since then I've really liked their albums. I can't believe the riffs they come up with, I can't get some of them out of my head!!

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
yep, a fan here.space time is my fav track:metal:

The live version is so sick, I prefer it over the recorded version..
I love Gojira, caught the end of their set when they were opening up for Lamb of God, and once I heard the Heaviest Matter of the Universe, I was sold. I have their complete discography plus their live DVD now.. Terra Incognita set me back a fair bit and took four months to arrive. But it was worth it.

Marginal

Liquid Is Djent
Reaction score
Gojira is a really really good band. Gotta love Ocean Planet, From The Sky, Flying Whales....hell yeah:hbang: The whole album kicks ass:metal:

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
the live version of Flying Whales that they have on their myspace is epic...waaay better than the recorded version! check it out immediately!

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
gojira is amazing. pretty simple music and while there is nothing new to it, it is still pretty original in some way. i dig it alot :yesway:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow that version of Flying Whales on their Myspace is so sick! Joseph is also playing a Jackson USA SLS which is also so, so sick!

')