Gojira Track 'L'Enfant Sauvage' Streaming at Pitchfork!

• Thread starter Prydogga
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Repner

Reaction score
wow they wasted no time killin that YouTube link. sorry :(

imo
1. From Mars to Sirius
2. The Way of All Flesh
3. The Link
4. Terra Incognita
but really you could just pair em up. From Mars/Way of All Flesh pretty much equally good, same for Link/Terra
I agree with this ranking.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not even really a Gojira fan (don't own any of their albums) but I did really dig this, and maybe this'll be the first I pick up.

Disclaimer : I have listened to FMtS and it's cool but I don't remember much of it, maybe TWoAF would grab me. Who knows!

sahaal

Reaction score
great track, the only thing I don't like is how I came up with a riff nearly identical to the heavy, chugging riff that opens the song today while at work, taking inspiration from a truck that came into the shop that's timing was very off and knocked incredibly hard every few times it fired :lol:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Am I the only person who finds Gojira really, really boring? They have a few tracks I absolutely love but I find the majority of their catalogue extremely lacklustre and extremely repetitive.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
Am I the only person who finds Gojira really, really boring? They have a few tracks I absolutely love but I find the majority of their catalogue extremely lacklustre and extremely repetitive.

that's the whole point of their music, and that's why they are better than 99.9 percent of modern death metal. because they write good songs that have atmosphere and riffs that pummel through repetition in a similar way Neurosis does. it's not about cranking up the bpms and throwing 50 riffs into one song to impress, it's a very calculated method of awesomness.

they have an oldschool ethos in terms of riff and songwriting but without being a "retro" band trying to sound like 90s death metal. it's the best of both worlds imo.

Sikthness

Reaction score

They do have a lot of repetitive shit going on, but thats kinda the point w/ them. And most of the time, they repeat the perfect amount. I absolutely love the second half of Where Dragons Fall, or that huge ending breakdown at the end of Flying Whales.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
This song has got my even more hyped for the new album. I'm buying the shit out of this. I hope it comes with a shirt. My ungodly band shirt collection needs a Gojira shirt.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
This track got me interested in Gojira, if the rest of there catalogue is this good I'll be pissed I missed out on them all these years.

')