Gojira Track 'L'Enfant Sauvage' Streaming at Pitchfork!

• Thread starter Prydogga
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
This track got me interested in Gojira, if the rest of there catalogue is this good I'll be pissed I missed out on them all these years.

get 'the way of all flesh' and 'from mars to sirius' right now and prepare to be pissed!

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
get 'the way of all flesh' and 'from mars to sirius' right now and prepare to be pissed!

I've been scanning through FMtS the past few days and I'm starting to get into it, I'll have to get a copy of it in my car for a proper listen. Karnivool was like that for me. As was mentioned earlier, this year is going to be so fukking huge for metal, so many great bands are releasing albums this year. New gojira, periphery, acacia strain, karnivool, meshuggas new release owned my soul, veil of maya's was brutal and intense.

:hbang::wavey:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Am I the only person who finds Gojira really, really boring? They have a few tracks I absolutely love but I find the majority of their catalogue extremely lacklustre and extremely repetitive.

I feel ya here, but the one thing they have going for them that makes me interested is just awesome tones and heaviness. I dont listen to repetative stuff much, usually math metal type shit(dillinger,ion) but of the repetative stuff i do listen to, this is one.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Am I the only person who finds Gojira really, really boring? They have a few tracks I absolutely love but I find the majority of their catalogue extremely lacklustre and extremely repetitive.

Yes. LOL. :shred:

I can understand what some people find repetitive about their songs at surface level. However, even if a guitar riff seems to repeat for a long time, Mario is usually doing some insane rotation of 4/4 and 3/4 that drastically changes the feel of the song for a brief period of time. I genuinely appreciate the "simplicity" a lot of their songs have. Everything feels very thought out and deliberate.

The style that Joe and Mario have created over the years has had the most profound influence on me as a musician. I've gone through random other niche phases in my playing over the years trying to be more technical, faster, more brutal...blah blah blah....but when these guys drop an album, it's always the best album I've heard since their last. Everything they do just resonates perfectly to me.

Enselmis

Reaction score
Oh shiet. This tune is straight nuts! It reminds me of Decapitated's most recent album a little bit at points.

sly

Reaction score
Next month, they will release also a DVD of the the way of all flesh tour!

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
looks like gojira might avoid the curse or turning into a shit band once signing to roadrunner

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
YouTube link for new song is down, you can get it from here tho

https://www.facebook.com/GojiraMusic?sk=app_108468622525037

honestly, the new song sounds bizarre to me. but I like it. seems to me like they are taking some big risks creatively on this album.

I haven't gone instantly crazy for this song like I did L'enfant Sauvage but I think it'll grow on me.. maybe. The guitar groove might be too straightforward for my taste long run

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
The new album is gonna be great!

Has anyone here got the new DVD yet? It's probably awesome...

')