Gojira Track 'L'Enfant Sauvage' Streaming at Pitchfork!

• Thread starter Prydogga
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
the albums sounds pretty much how they said it would sound.

definitely a little more melodic and simplistic. no longer songs this time around.

some of the riffs are a little samey and sometimes you feel like you've heard it before from them, which is only normal for a band that has now permeated the scene and become distinguishable with its own, unique sound, but sometimes it sounds a little forced like, "the people expect a pick scrape in this riff, we should do one"

probably won't end up liking it more than the last two, but I'm sure I'll grow to love it as well.

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
Wtf is going on with Spotify? it seems every new release gets put up 1-2 weeks before release date taking away from the already next to nothing ways of earning money from recorded music :shrug:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
also here in serbia distro is pretty shitty, but roadrunner is one of the labels that does do business here, and my friend found the album at a cd store here two days ago, which is like 11 days before release. either the dudes at the store just don't give a fuck or no one from roadrunner told them that they should keep it off the racks until release day.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
still not sure how much I actually like the album. it feels a little over-simplified to me at times but it has some great ideas on it. Mouth of Kala, Born in Winter, The Axe, L'enfant Sauvage, and Liquid Fire are all deadly. I guess that's pretty much half the album so that makes it good? :D

mix is definitely one of the best I've heard though. drum sound, guitars, bass, vocals, everything sounds absolutely incredible.

Shaunheiser

Reaction score
Wtf is going on with Spotify? it seems every new release gets put up 1-2 weeks before release date taking away from the already next to nothing ways of earning money from recorded music :shrug:

Must have something to do with record labels kind of saying, "it's going to leak anyway, might as well provide a legal means for people to listen to it"

tian

Reaction score
still not sure how much I actually like the album. it feels a little over-simplified to me at times but it has some great ideas on it. Mouth of Kala, Born in Winter, The Axe, L'enfant Sauvage, and Liquid Fire are all deadly. I guess that's pretty much half the album so that makes it good? :D

mix is definitely one of the best I've heard though. drum sound, guitars, bass, vocals, everything sounds absolutely incredible.
My feelings exactly. Loved it on first listen, but each time I go back the two halves keep separating more and more.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm realling digging Gift of Guilt and Pain is a Master isn't bad either.. might actually be a stronger album overall than The Way of All Flesh in my book even though it doesn't have anything with quite the "OMGWOW!" factor of Art of Dying, Oroborous or Toxic Garbage Island. and even then Born in Winter and L'enfant Sauvage are both super sick.... hmmm

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
it definitely does not have as many wow moments, but the subtle stuff is a lot cooler than on previous albums, like the guitars that provide atmosphere to the actually riffs. Like at the end of the first track, the melodic guitars in the background give it some type of almost spaghetti western sound.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Explosia has some fucking heavy riffs in the middle/earlier part of the song.

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score

I agree definatly my favorite gojira mix i think and that kick drum sound..:holy:

Must have something to do with record labels kind of saying, "it's going to leak anyway, might as well provide a legal means for people to listen to it"

Potentially, I wonder if their hoping letting spotify and physical albums become available early helps them maximise sales for the release period

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
These guys make me rethink my approach to guitar tone every time they drop an album. Everything sounds so awesome. I love their production.

')