Gojira Track 'L'Enfant Sauvage' Streaming at Pitchfork!

• Thread starter Prydogga
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
I wasn't aware I had to put opinion tags before everything I say but I'll be sure to tread more carefully in the presence of Gojira fans, wouldn't want to cause too much butthurt.

Reaction score
I wasn't aware I had to put opinion tags before everything I say but I'll be sure to tread more carefully in the presence of Gojira fans, wouldn't want to cause too much butthurt.

I'm not butthurt. I just don't see how you can say album art got worse when all art has some sort of value, provided effort was put into it. Maybe you should be more open-minded.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
I'm not butthurt. I just don't see how you can say album art got worse when all art has some sort of value, provided effort was put into it. Maybe you should be more open-minded.
Comparison and opinion, in my opinion this piece of artwork is of lesser quality than the pieces of art created for the albums that preceded it. Art being subjective doesn't mean I have to think every piece of artwork created is awesome and I have not called it's value into question by stating my opinion. I'll find out who the artist was through a different means and stay out of this thread as I clearly won't get the information I'm looking for here.

Reaction score
Comparison and opinion, in my opinion this art is of lesser quality than the pieces of art created for the albums that preceded it. I have not called it's value into question by stating that opinion. I'll find out who the artist was through a different means and stay out of this thread as I clearly won't get the information I'm looking for here.

csb

Shaunheiser

Reaction score
Potentially, I wonder if their hoping letting spotify and physical albums become available early helps them maximise sales for the release period

There's a school of thought in the industry that leaks actually HELP sales of some albums, it certainly helps to record a record that people will WANT to own after hearing it. I think the labels would be smart to utilize Spotify in a way to turn fans into a big marketing tool. If the album is good, people will recommend to friends to check it out, the more people that hear it, the higher potential you have of getting more sales.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Does anyone know who did the artwork for this? It's a step down from their artwork on the previous two albums.
I agree. It's similar in style to The Way of All Flesh, but not quite up to par as it or From Mars to Sirius.

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
There's a school of thought in the industry that leaks actually HELP sales of some albums, it certainly helps to record a record that people will WANT to own after hearing it. I think the labels would be smart to utilize Spotify in a way to turn fans into a big marketing tool. If the album is good, people will recommend to friends to check it out, the more people that hear it, the higher potential you have of getting more sales.

Spotify seems the best way to show fans how good an album is to create buzz then by gettting it taken down it creates even more hype because everyone is saying how awesome it is :idea:

also their not losing as much as letting it leak to download sites from their own back

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
listening to an official non-spotify stream right now (i forgot my password lol) sounds really good and i can't wait for my pre-order to get here

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
If anyone's looking for the official pre-release stream of the album, you can find it here:
EXCLUSIVE: Stream Gojira's new album - L'Enfant Sauvage | Total Guitar | MusicRadar.com

This album so far is brilliance. They have such an incredible knack for bringing a new mood/emotion/theme to each album yet still encompassing all of their style while becoming increasingly (albeit slowly) more brutal each time. Bravo guys.

This album can't release soon enough. Amazon has a page for the mp3 album but no preorder button yet. My wallet/body is ready.

MartinMTL

Reaction score
I have always like these guys, but I was never really into their music. I heard them and thought "well this is nice" and then kind of forgot about it (with the occasional listen).

My god, this album just blew me away.

Cnev

Reaction score
Ok, just listened to Explosia and that section from 3:50 onward is enough to make me pre-order. Absolutely devastating.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
I hear Joe's Tele all over this album. So much twang. Love it.

so much twang that you'd consider adding a "w" to your user name? :D

that's the best part of the album honestly. Even though there is nothing very new about the riffs and the arrangements, you can tell that they invested a lot more time and effort this time around in the vocals and the textural guitars that create atmosphere behind the riff. That's what really sells the album for me.

Duelbart

Reaction score
I don't know, after a few listens I must say that for me it lacks the crushing power of Gojira's last two LPs.
Sure, it's got atmosphere, but half the power is gone. Maybe it will get better when I get used to it more, at least I hope it will

')