Gonna Mod my Black 1527

• Thread starter Nick1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
Last month I got a black 1527 with a D-Sonic and a Tone Zone and the wiring was done VERY VERY POORLY :noway: So I was going to rewire it and be done with it but I decided since I havent had a 7 in a long time and this is a pretty nice one Im gonna go ALL out with it! :yesway: And as much as I LOVE Dimarzio, And medium-lower output pickups Ive had an EMG 81-7 and 707 sitting in a box since EMG released them :eek: So I decided Im gonna go with EMGs in the 1527 (And yes I know their will be routing:noway: ) Then Im going to have the mad scientist do the following........

Black Schaller Locking Tuners:metal:

EMG 81-7 in the bridge and EMG 707 in the neck:metal:

Run the EMGs on 18V instead of 9V for added headroom:metal:

Replace the 5 way blade toggle with a 3 way blade toggle OR maybe a 3 way just like the EBMM JP's:metal: even though their will be wood working involved:noway:

Dye the fret board jet fuckin black and maybe the dot inlays on the fret board too except the ones on the top, if thats possible to dye them. :metal:

Tremol-No :metal:

Take out the tone knob and fill the hole so its just 1 volume and a 3 way toggle. :metal:

Refininsh the few dings:metal:

Locking Stud Mod for the Edge Pro Trem:metal:

Set up with D'addario 10-60 in standard tuning:metal:

Heavily Knarled black knob for volume:metal:

Black Dimarzio Clip-Lock Strap

So what do you guys think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
pretty metal if you ask me. i wish EMGs came in other colors or there was a good looking sticker to cover it up. other than that, sounds killer. any chance on selling the pickups? :idea: layta :hbang: :metal:

Nick1

Reaction score
Im not so much an EMG guy either. But for the low B its nice to have them. And all my other guitars are medium-low output Dimarzios/Tom Andersons so this is a decent contrast I guess

Ryan

Reaction score
I use these techniques called "bends" and "vibrato" when i play guitar. You guys should check it out :lol:

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
All I can say is that you'd better keep that guitar forever or be prepared to give it away if you ever want/need to sell it...

I too like it all except for the EMGs. I've only had them once, and I hated them. To each their own.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds sweet - everything in it sounds great. Not sure about your added headroom theory for your EMG's however - common argument dictates that it won't make any difference.
What do you mean by extra headroom, anyway? :scratch:
Other than that, sounds hot though. Good luck! :yesway:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
And as much as I LOVE Dimarzio, And medium-lower output pickups Ive had an EMG 81-7 and 707 sitting in a box since EMG released them :eek: So I decided Im gonna go with EMGs in the 1527 (And yes I know their will be routing:noway: ) Then Im going to have the mad scientist do the following........

EMG 81-7 in the bridge and EMG 707 in the neck:metal:

Nick1 said:
Ive lost all interest in high output pickups.

Im not sure why but EMGs dont sound all that great to me anymore. Nor does any high output pickup. I think Im gonna go all single coils and medium and low output humbuckers from now on. They just sound SO much better to my ears.

Id have a new strat......

:scratch:

Good luck though :yesway:

Reaction score
9 - 68 for A-standard... I used to use a .10 for the high E but I found the .9 to feel a lot better. And its even downtuned one note. :)

Ryan

Reaction score
52280.jpg

:nono:

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
:lol:

Ill take a roll please.

also, Im not sure about the 18v mod, but then I dont really know what it does...

')