Good 7 String Tuner?

• Thread starter timmyg1978
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I've found if you turn your volume knob down on the guitar it gets a quicker read, at least on the one built into my Genesis 3 Pod. We really need a couple of good pocket tuners, though. Not being able to tune until you have your rack set up is not ideal. I think I might try the Korg, supposedly they have em at Wal Mart.

timmyg1978

Struggling Cyco
Reaction score
I found another trick for my sabine that allows me to tune open instead of harmonics. Instead of running in then out to my gnx3, I run straight into my gnx3 and use digi output to my board and mono out to the sabine. Clean channel still acts the same but if I kick on the distortion it picks up no problem;^]

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Seiko ST767. Small and cheap guitar, bass, or chromatic tuner. Will tune to any note. I've had it for 5-6 years.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
flip to your neck pickup, and roll the tone all the way off, and the volume at about 75%, and you get WAY cleaner readings

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
try tuning by picking the string with your finger instead of the pick.
when fingerpicking, the fundamental tends to be stronger than when using a pick--and a tuner has to read the lowest fundamental in order determine the note you're tuning.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
korg pitch black here, we (devilsclub) use em for our 7's we drop to A and an 8 string, always picks the note right up. $89.99

I agree, awesome tuner for the cash, my bass player uses one to tune his 5 string to drop A :yesway:

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
Boss Tu80 €25 for a solid accurate tuner

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
flip to your neck pickup, and roll the tone all the way off, and the volume at about 75%, and you get WAY cleaner readings

:agreed:

I have a Korg GA-30 and it works great. My only complaint is I can't figure out a way to use it when I tune up a step from standard but it's only one string so I can trust my ear:lol:

timmyg1978

Struggling Cyco
Reaction score
Got my korg ga 30 & it's ok, still have to fine tune with the keyboard on my low A but worth the $10 I payed for it. I'm hoping that once I get my new pups my sabine will pick it up better & I can just use the korg for my bass. We'll see;^]

thecrouss

Reaction score
korg pitch black here, we (devilsclub) use em for our 7's we drop to A and an 8 string, always picks the note right up. $89.99

I'm glad to hear that. I have a pitch black and I havent tuned a 7 with it (yet). But its good to know that its going to work because that tuner rocks and I would cry if it didnt haha. not really but I would look like this guy -> :wallbash:

Thanks!

Reaction score
why pay $100 for a tuner? i mean im just asking out of curiosity because the only time i ever need it to register the low A is then im intonating. everything else i do with harmonic tuning and all i ever use the tuner for is to tune the low E, then match everything up to that. works every time

malufet

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I have TU-1, pitchblack, snark and Intellitough clip on tuners. My clip on tuners are becoming my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')