Good 7 String tunes to learn for beginners?

• Thread starter mat091285
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
maybe some Carcass or Amon if you're willing to tune BEADF#BE

Carcass' last 3 albums are a good tech death workout

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
maybe some Carcass or Amon if you're willing to tune BEADF#BE

Carcass' last 3 albums are a good tech death workout

:scratch: Why?

If you're going to tune to BEADF#BE, then you don't need that high E and might as well just play a 6-string in B standard.

I play a bunch of Carcass songs on my 7-string in BEADGBE. I don't think Carcass ever uses the open F#. There is a part of a solo in one of Carcass' songs where Amott goes from the D string to the F# string and then back to the D string (well, they both do this a lot in all the songs, but I'm thinking of one in particular) and, where he's playing the 12th fret and the 15th fret, I'm playing the 13th and 16th frets.

I doubt there are any Carcass songs you cannot play in 7-string B standard. It doesn't make sense to tune it to 6-string B standard with an E. :confused:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
:scratch: Why?

If you're going to tune to BEADF#BE, then you don't need that high E and might as well just play a 6-string in B standard.

I play a bunch of Carcass songs on my 7-string in BEADGBE. I don't think Carcass ever uses the open F#. There is a part of a solo in one of Carcass' songs where Amott goes from the D string to the F# string and then back to the D string (well, they both do this a lot in all the songs, but I'm thinking of one in particular) and, where he's playing the 12th fret and the 15th fret, I'm playing the 13th and 16th frets.

I doubt there are any Carcass songs you cannot play in 7-string B standard. It doesn't make sense to tune it to 6-string B standard with an E. :confused:

Well said, I've learned a buttload of Carcass stuff, from Heartworks and Swansong in particular and never ran into any problems!

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score

Try them

Beginner:shred:

Metallica - Enter Sandman
Anthrax - Madhouse
Megadeth - Peace Sells.......... But Who's Buying
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Megadeth - Symphony of destruction
Megadeth - Go To Hell

Intermediate:shred:

Metallica - Orion
Anthrax - Caught in a mosh
Anthrax - Got The Time?
Metallica - My Friend Of Misery
Metallica - For Whom The Bells Tolls
Megadeth - Take No Prisoners
Megadeth - Kick The Chair

Advanced:shred:

Metallica - Anethesia (pulling teeth)
Rush - YYZ
Metallica - Battery

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Guitar Tabs
What's the point of this list? Did you even read the thread title?

Iron Man's cool to play an octave down

')