Good afternoon, gentlemen.

• Thread starter Varcolac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Why am I posting now? Well it's because an hour and a half ago a big cardboard box came through my door. Inside the box, was this:

dsc00106z.jpg

Been playing guitar for over ten years, bass for seven or eight. I used to consider myself a bassist first, but recently I've joined a band on guitar. As my "primary" bass is a five-string fretless, I keep missing that low B... now I shall suffer in silence no longer!

The guitar's crap, I know. It was one of the cheaper seven-strings on eBay, as with my combination of student budget and general spendthrift nature I can't afford to go straight for the big guns. There's no locking nuts because the seller forgot to put them in the case... they'll be arriving in due course so I'm restricted from any righteous whammy-bar abuse for now. The thing plays passably well, better than I expected, and when I finally get the trem set up properly for ADGCFAd tuning I shall be forging deathly metallic riffs, and they shall be proclaimed both true and supreme. I may upgrade it with an EMG pickup at some point, but that might just be throwing good money after bad.

Anyways, now I'm here. Now I've posted. Hello sevenstring.org. Nice to meet you. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome :wavey: for a cheap piece of crap that doesn't look that bad.

Alma Mare

Undersea Shred FTW
Reaction score
That guitar looks sweet, what brand is it? <3 the Maple fretboard + red finish. So yummy!

I would welcome, but I'm a newb myself :p Cheers!

Latest posts

')