Good cab suggestions for 700 and under?

• Thread starter Bulbs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bulbs

Reaction score
will be under a 5150, if that helps at all. Something road worthy as well

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cradleofflames

Reaction score
If you don't need a lot of thump a Boogafunk Thiele 1x12, I had NEVER heard a 5150 sound so good. If you need a lot of thump an Earcandy Buzzbomb 2x12. I recommend EVM12Ls for speakers regardless.

Dehumanize

Banned
Reaction score
If you can find a used Vader or Mesa Recto, Marshall 1960, Avatar, or Emperor depending on speakers, I'd grab them.

Bulbs

Reaction score
Think a friend of mine is selling a vader for 600 in good condition, might be the way to go

Dehumanize

Banned
Reaction score
You can get Vader 412s for much cheaper than 600. I recently grabbed one for 400, but I did drive three hours for it.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Most good cabs are $700 and under, can handle touring and sound great.

You're going to want to be a lot more specific..

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
then buy something with the speakers you like ;)
I'm quite sorry, but this is effin' hilarious. xD

I mean really... what about speaker swapping? Pickup swapping in guitars? Tube swapping in tube amps?

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
I'm quite sorry, but this is effin' hilarious. xD

I mean really... what about speaker swapping? Pickup swapping in guitars? Tube swapping in tube amps?

tubes and pickup represent a far lower percentage of the total cost of an amp or guitar respectively, and also only one of my components of the sound of said amp or guitar. Other than cab construction quality, the speakers represent a main component of a cab's sound, and also represent a large portion of the total cost of a cab. Budda is saying that with the many cab options available for the OP's budget, it makes more sense to just find a cab with the speaker he/she wants rather than buying one, spending the money to switch the speakers, and then the hassle of reselling the old speakers (or the cost of not selling them).

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Well, the OP is pretty limited to V30s and Legends then unless he goes for an Avatar.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
If he wants the speakers he likes, buy Avatar.

If you want to spend way more money buying a cab and swapping speakers, then it's his prerogative.

Also, Mesa offers some cabs with C90s.

brodjentle

Reaction score
tubes and pickup represent a far lower percentage of the total cost of an amp or guitar respectively, and also only one of my components of the sound of said amp or guitar. Other than cab construction quality, the speakers represent a main component of a cab's sound, and also represent a large portion of the total cost of a cab. Budda is saying that with the many cab options available for the OP's budget, it makes more sense to just find a cab with the speaker he/she wants rather than buying one, spending the money to switch the speakers, and then the hassle of reselling the old speakers (or the cost of not selling them).
agreed and mesas sound amazing i have 2 one mesa oversized 4x12 with vintage 30s and a mesa stiletto partial closed back with c90s and they both sound great but the majority of the time i use the stiletto its not as bassy and i can get a sick tone :D just throwing that out there and they are indestructible. hope this helps

Bulbs

Reaction score
I've really thought highly of the v30s that are in the egnater cab I'm using atm

AustinW90

Reaction score
I have have an Avatar cab with the 75 watt Celestions in it, and it sounds just as good as my Marshall 1960b cab.

Avatar are cheap and they're getting more stylish.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
Marshall MF400. Cheapish used, and an awesome cross IMO between a mesa recto oversize and an Orange.

')