Good cheap bass heads...

• Thread starter bigreddestroyer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Well, I think I'm gonna go with the Behringer...
Money being the main issue at the moment this one sounds like the most bang for the buck. Slight issue I have is that the cab I'm getting is 16ohm, so the behringer being 450@4ohms is gonna lose a lot of power right?

I should note that my defence of the Behringer is based on it through a 4 ohm 410 or 115. No idea what it'd sound like going through 4 times the impedence.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Means you're going to be getting like 1/4 the rated power at 4 ohms. Those 1935 cabs were designed to run with tube amps so you could pile a bunch on for volume and not drop impedance too low.

deevit

Reaction score
Hmm, might still work, but not really ideal.. What impedance are the speakers in that cab? Maybe it can be rewired to 8 or 4 ohms.

bigreddestroyer

Reaction score
Hmm, might still work, but not really ideal.. What impedance are the speakers in that cab? Maybe it can be rewired to 8 or 4 ohms.
No idea about the speakers, as I mentioned, I'm new to all this head/cabs business! Is it easy/dangerous at all doing any re-wiring?

Bevo

Reaction score
16 ohms sounds high, I would take it to a tech and see if they can rewire it to 4 or 8 ohms.
You don't find 32 ohm speakers to often so you may have some funky wiring with who knows what type of speakers.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
I had that Behringer for a few years while saving up for something better and it's a workhorse. nothing special, and you don't have many options in shaping your tone, but it's loud enough and reliable, and of course, cheap.

')