Good Computer for Recording...

• Thread starter zxdbxz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zxdbxz

Reaction score
I just started recording and then my laptop died. I am looking for a new computer. I want a desktop and I am on a budget. Please help because I have no idea what I am looking for or where to start. I will probably be using reaper to record from my Digitech RP500. If that makes any difference.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
It really depends on the budget. If you want a good sound out of anything, you've got to get a decent interface. That's all I can say for now.

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
just get a system with at least 4gb of ram man, recording sofware/plug ins can be serious ram hogs

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Yea it seems like about 100$ of the budget will be going to the interface and with the rest you'll be buying the computer and all the plugins that needs to be bought. At least 4GB of ram as been said. Good amount of hard drive space, raw audio can really be a bitch when it comes to hard drive space. With that budget, I'd suggest a computer with AMD processor. Intel one's got potential though.

zxdbxz

Reaction score
I just customized a computer on HP and it came to 1,100 dollars. I am going to save money and make a custom computer with probably 6 gb of ram and a terabyte of hard drive space. Thanks for everyones advice. :)

Latest posts

')