Good icebreakers

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
Hi! There's certain girls that I physically freeze near and just stare off into space. Next weekend one is coming over. How do you guys start generic conversations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe this would be better in Love And Relationships?... anyway elaborate on what you mean by "coming over", like what's the reason... is she coming over to hang out like a friendly thing or is there another reason?

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
istockphoto_397201-ice-pick-awl.jpg

51iQJ6w-lFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just be natural man.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
We really need more info. There's a ton of stuff you can say to get into interesting-yet-superficial conversations. Is this gonna be a one on one thing, or a group hang? Lay it all out, man.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
You:Hey how much does a polar bear weigh?
Girl:I Don't know how much?
You:Enough to break the ice. Hi I'm (insert your name here)
it's stupid but she may laugh and that good

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is ask her about herself and then keep asking followup questions. Then you won't look egocentric, you'll learn about her, and all you need to do is ask her the stuff you want to know anyway. Prepare a couple of questions to get the ball rolling first. Like if she has an unusual name tell her you like it and ask how her parents came up with it. Or her last name, etc.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is ask her about herself and then keep asking followup questions.

:agreed:

Ask questions. People love to talk about themselves and their interests, but it's especially true for women. Get them talking about something, then just nod and say "uh-huh." Most women agree that being a "good listener" is a redeeming quality in a man. What does that really mean? He lets me talk about myself as much as I want.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
:agreed:

Ask questions. People love to talk about themselves and their interests, but it's especially true for women. Get them talking about something, then just nod and say "uh-huh." Most women agree that being a "good listener" is a redeeming quality in a man. What does that really mean? He lets me talk about myself as much as I want.

This this this.

Get them talking about shit they are interested in. The ice breaker itself should be something that will be answered with new information, which you can then ask more questions with. Just be cool, ask a few questions, don't panic.

You'll do just fine :yesway:

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
We really need more info. There's a ton of stuff you can say to get into interesting-yet-superficial conversations. Is this gonna be a one on one thing, or a group hang? Lay it all out, man.

Oh, I've liked her for like 10 years and we finally started hanging out through a mutual friend (who was into me at the time, but now isnt, which is why this is okay.) and I have one shot to be cool as hell.

This isnt love and relationships thread because I dont "love" her and Im not in a relationship with her, I just need bomb ass icebreakers.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Just talk, if it's awkward you can actually play off of your mutual awkwardness. The key though, is to just stop caring how awkward you are, if you seem comfortable with yourself so will she. Just say hi, crack a lame joke, then make a joke about how lame your jokes are and press her for details about whatever.

')