Good metal amp sims?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Did you feel that the TH-U was not that good for metal? Only reason I am considering it much more over the NTS is because of the versatility of it.
Well, actually, they both are great!
It's that the NTS suite, other than a great amp and cab sim, features the modelling of the Zuul, Hexdrive and Grind pedals, which are absolutely amazing and give you a great tone right off the bat! But you can achieve great tones using the TH-U, too!

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
Everybody remember Kazrog?!

He's dropping a huge update this summer. Considering this clip is still early stages, it seems promising for the metals. The 7-string part sound quite good.

Last edited:

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
I basically own all the kazrog stuff so I'm totally going to get the next amp bundle! stoked!
Shane has hinted that previous Thermionik owners will get a fair/generous upgrade price to the new sim. I'm pretty excited for it. The old Mark models and even the Serpent models are still really good. However, the plugins are getting a bit long in the tooth and do need an upgrade. One of the biggest changes is going to be that the all the amps and pedals and such will be brought together in a single suite/window instead of separate VSTs for each thing.

Right now I use Blue Cat Axiom exclusively for my "amp" at home. The only thing we have space for now is my computer desk, so I've had to switch to an all digital setup.(These things happen living in a condo when you have a baby, lol.) Axiom is amazing once you learn your way around it, but it's only been lacking for the extreme high gain stuff. I've tried to emulate the Fortin Nameless suite but it's not quite there yet. I'd love another good high-gain-oriented package to round out Axiom's capabilities and sounds.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
Btw, if anyone has a coupon/referral code for Neural, hit me up on a PM. I want to pick up Nameless Suite when they do their Black Friday sale.

Elric

Reaction score
I basically own all the kazrog stuff so I'm totally going to get the next amp bundle! stoked!
Agreed. The Kazrog stuff is worth it right now in the current gen. The UI is terrible but the sounds are great... the UI is going to be overhauled for this next release, too.

Latest posts

')