Good OD pedal Suggestions?

• Thread starter Dan Halen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
So I'm looking for an OD for various reasons. and I have some in mind but I'm not really sure if they are any good.

MXR Custom Badass modified OD
Hardwire CM-2 Tube OD
Maxon 808
Ibanez JEMINI

now i've heard a some good reviews about each, except the first one, i've just never really had an OD pedal before. so if anyone has any other suggestions thatd be cool too. actually better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I play use a TS9 (a Japanese one, is that special?).

Maxon 808, and all kinds of Ibanez tubecreamers seem to be popular. Everyone seems to stick with tubescreamers, and tubescreamer clones (Maxon).

pearl_07

Reaction score
Maxon OD808 gets my vote. I can't comment on the others because the OD808 was my first OD, and I don't ever plan on switching it out.

flint757

Reaction score
I have a Way Huge Green Rhino. You can get a lot more distance with it on cleaner sounds (as in like the knobs make a bigger difference) but it makes for a good boost as well.
EDIT
808 is usually pretty popular never played one or any of those before however.

KAMI

Mom's Spaghetti
Reaction score
hardwire cm-2 is pretty awesome, depending on what amp you have I would recommend it over the maxon OD808

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Hardwire CM-2 gets my vote as it can adapt to almost any amps.

Shask

Reaction score
The OD808 is kind of a smoother tone It is the basic go-to for many bands.

I have not heard that MXR, but if it is based on the GTOD/ZWOD I would assume that it will be brighter and crunchier. not as smooth as the Maxon/Ibanez pedals.

I have not heard that Digitech either, but based on the Bad Monkey (which is the cheaper version) it will likely be smoother and darker as well.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
great response. this really helps me quite a bit.

and for a reference point im using a peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo.

well at least Ive narrowed it down to the Maxon 808 or the OD9 and the hardwire CM-2. but yah keep it coming.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Love my Green Rhino, the 100 Hz knob is amazingly useful to have.

Fabrizi0

Reaction score
im also looking for a nice OD pedal. Im trying to find something that will boost my lead tones.
something that will really smooth out the high ends. I had a ts9 about one year ago, i will more than likely pick one up again. but maybe there is better option for me? I run a carvin mts head through a orange 4x12 with a agile interceptor seven string with the seymour duncan blackouts pups.

')