Good songs to cover?

• Thread starter ogisha007
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cover
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ogisha007

Reaction score
Alright, here's the deal. My band is supposed to play in a battle of the bands type contest, and since we've got 30 minutes to play and only 3 of our finished songs, we need to fill in the gap. The song needs to be metal, but not grim br00talz death metal, more of a thrash/power/progressive type song, since our singer doesn't have a brutal voice. As for the tuning, it's gonna be E standard, maybe Eb or D... No seven, no fun. :rant:
And no Metallica, please. I've had enough of it for two lifetimes. :lol:
Thanks in advance :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
testament. go.

Marginal

Liquid Is Djent
Reaction score
Davidian - Machine Head:agreed: Awesome powerful song. Or, if you think that's too brutal for the vocalist, why not try some Megadeth? Holy Wars... slays :metal:

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
dont know what you feel is on your level of show-off, but maybe some death will be a good thing? not to hard on the vocals (since now you dont have to do them), and their songs are pretty catchy. maybe crystal mountain or something? mastodon songs are pretty catchy, and if your singer has a cool clean voice, why not grab a catchy SYL song?

edit: this was my post #666 wich makes my advices better than everyone else's. yes, it does.

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
If its a battle, I'd chose a song everyone already knows so the crowd can get into it as well.

Nena - 99 Luftballoons
Journey - Any way you want it
something from Boston maybe?

You get the point. People get excited when they know the song and can sing along.

ogisha007

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, you're all awesome :metal:
I need to give these songs a couple of listens, but I'm sure all the stuff you suggested is worthy :)

Aberak

I is Smart
Reaction score
What ever you choose make sure to have fun with it, that's the whole point anyways. Good Luck!!!!!:shred:

')