Good songs to learn on the new 8?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
You could always play your favorite songs, anything, just transpose it to the 8th string. Try playing Master of Puppets on the low string, or something.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
Nice playing man.

That's not me, it's a guitarist of Volumes.

You could always play your favorite songs, anything, just transpose it to the 8th string. Try playing Master of Puppets on the low string, or something.

Yeah, I think it was Cannibal Corpse that did a cover of Metallica's "No Remorse" in B tuning :hbang:

Cuddles

Reaction score
if you can play in on the lowest 4 string of your 6 string you just just jump it down to lowest 4 strings on your seventh string guitar as if it were your six string don't get hung up on "oh the band didn't play it on a seven therefore i can't" have fun with it
:shred::hbang:

donray1527

djack of all trades
Reaction score
if you can play in on the lowest 4 string of your 6 string you just just jump it down to lowest 4 strings on your seventh string guitar as if it were your six string don't get hung up on "oh the band didn't play it on a seven therefore i can't" have fun with it
:shred::hbang:
Well the point of this thread was to find some cool songs other than the stuff everybody knows like meshugga and deftones that is actually played on an 8. I know i can move stuff down, and thats fun at all, but its kind of a moot point.

Cuddles

Reaction score
Well the point of this thread was to find some cool songs other than the stuff everybody knows like meshugga and deftones that is actually played on an 8. I know i can move stuff down, and thats fun at all, but its kind of a moot point.
my bad :ugh:
ummm heres a few 8 stringers then
The Acacia Strain
Vildhjarta
Volumes
Tesseract
7 stringers:
Behemoth
Thy Art Is Murder
Infant Annihilator

donray1527

djack of all trades
Reaction score
my bad :ugh:
ummm heres a few 8 stringers then
The Acacia Strain
Vildhjarta
Volumes
Tesseract
7 stringers:
Behemoth
Thy Art Is Murder
Infant Annihilator
I have played seven strings for a few years now, and i think that the 8 string is really helping my seven string playing. IDK how, but my 7 just feels faster and better than before lol im not complaining

donray1527

djack of all trades
Reaction score
Oh yeah i forgot about that guy. I saw him in guitar world a luttle while back
also....

Tony McAlpine is one of the best 8 stringers i have found. He is a GOD.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned yet but newer Acacia Strain is pretty easy. I'm not really a fan of playing 8 string songs in anything other that standard F# and Drop E though.

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Perpetual Black Second by Meshuggah is so simple, but so damn fun

')