Good thick Gauge Strings!

• Thread starter Kelly91
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Actually depends on what you are playing. The ZW set for exemple is nice because doing utlrabended squeals with a set of 13s is just painful.
I personally need to use different picks with heavier gauges, the old .88 tortex don't do it for me with say the 60 I routinely use for a low B.
I have some guitars in E with 9s and some with 52-11s, I obviously don't play the same music with each.
For big bad strings I've come down to only using skull strings nowadays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jgaul79

Reaction score
It is all based on personal preference. I kept experimenting for years trying to find strings that had a good feel, tension and tone. That all changes from guitar to guitar. If you only have one that's simple. More guitars, more need to experiment. Then, if you start changing tunings, then everything else changes.

I personally like DR Tite-Fit strings. I use the standard .010 6 string set and order .060s for my seven string. For my six strings I use .009, .010 and the DDT .011. It all depends on the guitar, the tuning and the tone.

Also, the pick you use has an effect on how the strings feel on your right hand. Trial and error.

')