Google Chrome Extensions

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm loving Chrome and now that us Mac guys can use extensions I was wondering what extensions other people are using and what I am missing out on.

So far I have

Adblock Lite
Autoscroll
Facebook
Google Dictionary
Google Translate
IMG Inspector
Ultimate Google Docs Viewer
Wikipedia Chromium
and a Inline Mp3 player script I installed to tie me over until a Foxytunes equivalent is created.

I'm also waiting for a Mac version of Cooliris for Chrome. So what is everyone else using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
I'm only using Adblock, didn't realise there was a lite version I'll have to look into that. I don't often use Chrome because I'm on Mac and it's still in beta (Google products are always in beta for a loooong time), but I was getting some errors on pages in Firefox so I switched over.

I shall look into those Facebook and Wikipedia extensions also.

splinter8451

Reaction score
This is so weird I JUST started adding some extensions today and I go to new posts on here and you made a thread about it haha.

I am using...

Adblock
Google Translation
Google Dictionary
Facebook

And I got Cooliris but I dunno if it is for me... I do not see myself really using it.

Now if only my Internet Download Manager worked correctly with Chromo, I would be sold. But downloading massive amounts of links at one time is still only available in Firefox. Its too bad because Chrome is the fastest and smoothest browser.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently Adblock on Chrome only stops the element from displaying it does not stop it from downloading. Adblock lite is the only one that prevents it from downloading. I am using the default settings ATM and you need to turn it off on certain pages because it sometime prevents content you want to be displayed from loading. I should try using it to subscribe to the same definitions I use with Adblock in firefox or at least just copy those definitions over, maybe that would give me more reliable performance.

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
Better than adblock is a hosts file. I haven't seen hide-nor-hair of ads in literally years.

The best hosts file is here, over 600kb of adhosts blocked. :yesway:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They need a PDF extension to open PDFs within the window. I tried the one where it tries to open it with Google Docs and that failed hard.

Till then it's still my #2 browser.

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
I won't even consider Chrome as my primary browser until they can come up with similar web development add-ons like what I have going in the fox.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Better than adblock is a hosts file. I haven't seen hide-nor-hair of ads in literally years.

The best hosts file is here, over 600kb of adhosts blocked. :yesway:

The only thing that pisses me off about the hosts file from there is some of the ads they block makes college humor not load videos. There are like 12 entries you have to remove to make it work.

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
The only thing that pisses me off about the hosts file from there is some of the ads they block makes college humor not load videos. There are like 12 entries you have to remove to make it work.

College humor runs fine for me, with the unmodified file... :scratch:

Jzbass25

Reaction score
College humor runs fine for me, with the unmodified file... :scratch:

It worked fine for me until I got windows 7 and re-downloaded the file from their website. Maybe you are using an older version that I use to have and when I got the new one it had all those extras that messed up college humor for me

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I won't even consider Chrome as my primary browser until they can come up with similar web development add-ons like what I have going in the fox.

I haven't found a replacement for ColorPicker or MeasureIt yet, but it does have a built in version of Firebug, which helped to me to accept it. I still have Firefox installed incase need be, but I've had less and less necessity.

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
I haven't found a replacement for ColorPicker or MeasureIt yet, but it does have a built in version of Firebug, which helped to me to accept it. I still have Firefox installed incase need be, but I've had less and less necessity.

If you are doing anything web you should have ever browser possible installed. :agreed:

Measure it, screen grab, and web developer's tool bar are essential. I have firebug, but don't use it all that much. I use the web developer's tool bar the heaviest. I think I have the color picker, but I always use the one on the mac anyhow.

')