Got a band you like (or are in) but can't stand another member?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
David Shankle

44299829.jpg

I tried making a band with him.

He told me that if I didn't wear tight leather pants and allow him to finger by bum three times per show he wouldn't get me anymore gigs.

Then he threatened to kill me and sell my death certificate to Dean Guitars.

I still deadbolt my bedroom door at night. I find donut frosting streaks on my window in the morning.

Someone help me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
On a less Shankley note (in terms of the irritation factor anyway) what's that axe he's playing?

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I think all the boys in Kiss are a bunch of nutters... but, man, I love Kiss.

Same thing with Prince... but I love his music and guitar playing.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
idk about my other guitarist sometimes. i mean he plays well, writes awesome tunes, is one of my best friends. but he is kinda a slut......

well he is dating some gal and now i haven't seen him in like 2 months between work, school, and women so now i have to find some new project.:noplease:

glad his life is going well so its whatever

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I love my band, just started playing with a new bass player who only listens to Decide. He can't stand anything REMOTELY progressive. Which is a pain because only about 1 out of every ten songs i write are non-progressive heavy shit.

TheEvilsocky

Reaction score
My last band was horrid,
It all started when I met the bassist he had just started to play but we both loved video game's and classic rock, he didn't know any metal bands so I thought that would be cool cause he seemed genuinely interested in being in a metal band and learning, however he quickly showed his true colors, being too belligerent to learn the simplest licks not just for the band either, ANY licks.
His bad side did not end there, every time we spoke to him he endlessly complained of his horrible life and refused to play as it was "too stressful"

and he brought with him his cousin a guitar playing douche that knew two or three Avenged Sevenfold licks and nothing else, he was incredibly racist and at every turn wanted us to play a ASF song and "put skulls with wings on our gear" etc, etc, the breaking point was when he wanted us to pick up a chick to be a co-singer, we were halfway to her house when he told us she was 14 (the rest of our age's were 17, 19, 21, 25) we, instead of dragging some little girl out of her strict christian home, looked up her youtube channel. She was terrible, yet he insisted she get in as "She's already written so many songs for us" that was then he told us she promised him sex if he got her in a band.
He got kicked... hard.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
haha...forgot about this thread.

some funny stuff, but also words of wisdom contain here...

Reaction score
I have a 37 y/o white trash pillhead bassist with terrible taste in tone, lack of instrument knowledge, and know-it-all attitude about everything stage recording because he once roadied for some unheard of death metal band when I was still young. It's a typical modern deathcore band, and everybody else in the band is younger than me at 23. This bassist also calls me around 5 times a week with stupid problems, questions, advice, etc. I quit answering his calls. He doesn't have a license or vehicle due to a DUI and being a shitbag, and since I'm the only one who lives nearby, I'm stuck with carting his ass to practice and back. Once, a member from a band we're friends with left a jokingly insulting comment on our Facebook (calling us gay and such, AN OBVIOUS JOKE)... our bassist saw that and decided to personally message and threaten the dude. He works at a music store where we're able to borrow microphones, PA systems, etc when needed, which is really the only valued contribution he has for the band. I've looked around for bassists, but there's not much talent in this area.

Just ranting...

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
My vocalist and I are polar opposites to say the least, and there's many, many of his life choices and personality traits that I consider profoundly wrong, but I try my best to accept it. The band wouldn't have gotten nearly as far without him, since he does all the booking. What I might consider as a callous, self-centered nature with a complete disregard for the feelings of others as well as social norms of what is acceptable and polite, translates into an amazing amount of drive and energy when it comes to getting shit moving.

If that's not an asset, I don't know what is. But still, if I wasn't in a band with him, I would have less than zero respect for him, and outright despise him. As it is now, he's just that co-worker you don't like, but still recognize as invaluable to the whole operation.

So yeah, it's never black and white on these things.

Heh... Funny reading a month after I got kicked out :lol:

7stringDemon

Reaction score
The guitarist of my last band couldn't tune his own fucking guitar :wallbash:

And all he ever did was play Children Of Bodom riffs :wallbash: :wallbash:

All of the riffs that he "wrote" were just Bodom riffs on a different fret :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

broj15

Reaction score
I don't really hate the kid but there are a few things that kind of pissed me off about the guitar player in my old band. One time he was like "why learn how to re-string your guitar when you can just pay someone else to do it?" My reply: Why fuck your girlfriend when you can pay someone else to do that too.

')