Got a guitar(s) you own that you will never get rid of?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
I had a few that I thought I'd never let go but from bills to them getting lost in moving without the past year and a half, I only have two left that I'll never get rid of. At least I think. :lol:

1. Ibanez RG2EX1 This one holds a lot of sentimental value for me as I recorded my first album with that guitar. Overall as terms of quality, not the best, and I've put it through a lot and it's stuck with me. I call it Tank now because of it.

2. Ibanez RG7321 Another sentimental type thing see as this is my first 7 and has had me hooked on getting more 7's and learning how to navigate and write on 7's more. Again, not the best quality but it gets the job done. Plus whenever I get another 7 I'll even learn how to mod guitars on this guitar.

bluediamond

Reaction score
1. My custom 24. Looks like a cheap cort due to solid black color, but sounds and plays perfect. Probably will change the fingerboard to ebony sometime in the future. There's a luthier where I live that do perfect fingerboard & fret installation, as good as the original. At that point resale value will surely go down, no matter how good the guitar turns out to be.

2. '96 Fender japan reissue 57 strat. Sounds really good, among the most resonant guitar I've get my hands on. Body and neck aged really beautifully. I have another strat (54 reissue), but after 4-5 pickup swaps I still can't get it sound near as good as this.

Tysonimmortal

Beers and Gear
Reaction score
Schecter C7 Blackjack. It plays and sounds so much better than the other Schecters I've had, and the JB 7 bridge sounds HUGE.

Carvin DC600 : its my first Carvin and it slays.

jakeofthumbs

blue steel thumb
Reaction score
I'm not overly attached to many of my guitars, only one that I'd never sell/trade/lose/set on fire. I am lucky in that being a lefty, no-one ever asks, or wants to borrow my stuff.

Schecter Blackjack ATX-FR LH
577119_10151434304453636_1137441447_n.jpg

The only six string I own that isn't in pieces or needs a bucketload of work. Swapped out all the hardware to gold to match the binding, and went with a Gotoh floyd. Played a heap of shows with this and given it a thrashing, but apart from the sentimental value I'm not particularly attached to it.

Custom Ron Kirn 7 string
163603_10150150635123636_5422279_n.jpg

Spent a lot of money on this, and it really wasn't what I wanted. Should have gone with a longer scale than 25.5. Should have gone with a fixed bridge, I hate the Kahler. Probably shouldn't have got pickup rings. The string spacing is a lot more narrow than I'm used to. Beautiful guitar, really nice fretwork, but it never filled a need, and I would sell it now if I thought anyone would be interested in it.

Agile Interceptor 727
72046_10150150632658636_310534_n.jpg

Bought to fill the mistakes made in purchasing the Kirn. Great guitar for lower tunings (obviously), never given me any problems, and plays well. Still, more of a tool than a love.

Custom Soundworks 7
WAS:
1002633_10152260094773636_532618056_n.jpg

IS:
1239055_10152260092268636_726831273_n.jpg

I've had this guitar for ten years. Absolutely played it to death, almost killed it, and recently had it resurrected. Thin, fast neck, beautiful tone, and now it's gorgeous. I would break someone's arms for even touching it, let alone playing/stealing it. The one guitar I couldn't live without.

sniperfreak223

B.C. Rich loyalist
Reaction score
as to the "borrowing" thing...that's the joy of playing BC Rich. All my friends play either ESP/Jackson/Ibanez superstrats or Gibson/Epiphone Les Pauls, so no one ever asks to borrow my gear.

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
For me, it's the guitars I have gigged with, too much memories to sell them off.

And also it's pretty impossible to get them in the market anymore these days :

RGA321F (Black Onyx) - my dearest guitar, been playing shows with it since the past 5 years, discontinued
RG1527M - discontinued
RGA220Z (Crystal Black) - discontinued
Yamaha AC3R acoustic
and Suhr Rasmus Guthrie Govan (discontinued) because of this :

vv9JGIO.jpg

Jackley

LordJackley
Reaction score
I don't think I would ever sell my RGD2127z unless they brought the same model out with a maple board. Love it to death.

shikamaru

Reaction score
I don't think I'm particularly attached to any of my guitars, I could part with any provided I can get the same features on a better guitar. 2 of my guitars are second hand, and I don't spare them at all taking one whenever I get to work away from home, not sure if they hold a lot of value for these reaons so I would still have a hard time parting with them because the cost of not keeping them would probably not equal the value of still being able to play them..

I would definitely not spare a higher end one either, but I can see me getting rid of everything before that one. The instrument I would not sacrifice is my Roland D-20, not because it is that great of a synth, but because it holds a lot of sentimental value. I don't play it a lot these days though

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
I hope you never sell this if that is how you feel. If you ever think about it, I would commit crimes to buy it if I didn't have the $ [PM me, I may have the $ lol] For sure one of my favorite single cut 7's ever

Believe it or don't this is an awesome guitar. Ordered in 2010 and build time was about 5 months. I hope to never sell this one, it is a keeper for sure. Best neck and fret board ever. Strictly 7 Guitars.

ah_graylensman

Reaction score
I try not to have more than 7 or 8 guitars at any given time, so if I go over that, I generally try to weed something out. There are however a couple guitars that I will never let go, strictly for sentimental reasons. One is an Epiphone LP Standard, which is a merely OK guitar that I bought to celebrate passing my master's thesis defense. Another is an RS Classic, a custom made copy of Brian May's homebuilt "Red Special" that I bought for my 30th birthday (and then waited 17 months for it to arrive).

nikolix

Reaction score
Epiphone les paul special two
Jackson js 30 rr
Epiphone goth sg

No, i could easily get rid off of all of them...

Rotatous

Reaction score
Not exactly a guitar, but I can honestly say I will never get rid of this. This thing just has too long of a history to even begin to explain. Today it's somehow ended up in my hands and I use it on all of my recordings.

It has the neck of a Fender P Bass (from what decade I'm honestly not quite sure, though it looks like its been through hell and back) and the body of an '80s ESP 400 series. How in the hell it ended up with a Zim-Gar badge on the headstock I don't think I will ever know :lol:

2tap.jpg

gua0.jpg

ty0n.jpg

5yrk.jpg

codycarter

Reaction score
Honestly, I find most guitars expendable, except for my Epiphone Wildcat. Even though I considered trading it for a Fender Jazzmaster..

enghell

Funeral Doom
Reaction score
The ones I would never part with are my Peavey EVH Wolfgang Special (just plain awesome), my Ibanez RGD2127FX (w/ white BKP ceramic Warpigs. since it's amazing) and when eventually my dad will leave his 1958 Fender Stratocaster for me (it's pretty worn, but he's been playing it since the early 60's so nothing weird with that).

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Actually I feel bad because I sold my first guitar...a very cheap Squier Black Stratocaster...
I would never get rid of my Yamaha RGX custom, my second guitar and gift from my late grandfather.
It's a guitar that I almost don't play at all.
It needs some work, the paint is ok but there are scratches on the back due to loads of play and it needs to be refretted.
It's not a very known guitar but it plays awesomely, maybe some newer pickups would give an extra edge but at the end I decided to leave it as it is since it's something that has lots of affective value.
Oh...I had the bridge replaced from a luthier, but I put the same it has originally...which...don't even know what it is, except it costs a damn lot and it's very rare.
Here's 2 pics of the guitar
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Yamaha RGX Custom.jpg
    Yamaha RGX Custom.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 614
  • DSCF0313.jpg
    DSCF0313.jpg
    744.8 KB · Views: 617
')