Got a guitar(s) you own that you will never get rid of?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Came.

Jesus that blue strandberg is hot. Ive had the gnarliest strandberg gas and that just tipped the scales.

More like rocked. Rocked the scales. Or just smashed them, destroyed them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Charvel7string

Reaction score
2000 Gibson les paul custom (ebony) black beauty.
also Esp/Ltd AW-7 Bkp ceramic black hawks (this thing is a "djentanator" XD)

Djazzy

Mayones Fetishist
Reaction score
Regius Chilli because it's the first one of those ever made, the only real MBC item. It was copied a couple of times but it has some features that were not transferred to the copies.

The Grail Setius, because it's the Grail, duh. Other than these two everything is on the table, if the deal is good enough. Right now I have this Skervy Raptor 8 that I'd like to trade for a nice bass, but bass slappaz rarely want to trade their basses for guitars. Oh well.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually made the decision a few years back to not really "sell" anymore guitars because I've had too many that I got rid of and regretted (and blew the money on food, beer, etc.), but I will occasionally trade for another guitar. Still, I try to stick pretty hard to not getting rid of them.

That said, three that are definitely on the never ever list would be:

The BC Rich Virgin N7 - It was my first 7-string and I believe it was the first (or one of the first?) guitars I saved up to buy on my own. Those two things, mixed with the fact of all the work I put into it makes it absolutely priceless.

It's, ironically, in the middle of a facelift to go back to passives. :erk:

100_0173-1.jpg

The second is my RG7420. A big part of it is the fact it was a birthday present from my g/f (more about that story in the NGD thread), the other part being that it's a FANTASTIC workhorse guitar.

100_1386.jpg

The third being an LTD MH1000 I got from my friend Eric (failshredder on here). He got it on a trade a few years back and it had some intonation issues that made the guitar nearly unplayable outside of A standard tuning. At the time he was burned out on it and it sat, so we worked out a deal and I bought it off him. It was kind of a crapshoot for me because I didn't know if the intonation issue could be fixed but it ended up the bridge was originally mounted too far back, so I filled the stud holes and moved it forward into intonatable range. It also came with a JB/59 set that really wasn't working for it, so I swapped those out for a D-activator/Evo set that were PERFECT.

Between the fact the guitar came from a close friend, all the work I put into it and the fact it's a perfect 6 string workhorse, that guitar will definitely be staying with me.

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
I know I'm super late and I'm practically necro bumping but I did promise that I'd post a pic of my beloved Takamine with the '80s pink pups as soon as i could and I finally figured out how :lol:

DSCF1563_zpsec5f4ddc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
...any Christmas guitars make it on this list?

Yes, actually!

My mother got me a PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt signature. Its significance is the fact that A: it's my first "Premium" guitar and B: it was my mother's first real contribution to my music, and that means a lot to me.

HJ9Ln1S.jpg

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a lot of really nice guitars come and go over the years but the one I could never imagine selling is my GMW custom Shop Strat.
It's all maple , a 1 3/4" nut and is my baby. I usually record with it and people often tell me when they jam with me that when I switch to this guitar from my others my playing really takes off.
DSCN3135.jpg

My USA SL2H comes in a close 2nd.
DSCN3134.jpg

I've also thought I would never think about selling my BRJ 7 either , but I don't really find myself playing it much these days so I could probably live without it, even though IMO it is completely irreplaceable.
DSCN2730.jpg

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
My Brian Moore i1. Unless I can find an i1f, This guitar is just too perfect for me.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
I had a few that I thought I'd never let go but from bills to them getting lost in moving without the past year and a half, I only have two left that I'll never get rid of. At least I think. :lol:

1. Ibanez RG2EX1 This one holds a lot of sentimental value for me as I recorded my first album with that guitar. Overall as terms of quality, not the best, and I've put it through a lot and it's stuck with me. I call it Tank now because of it.

2. Ibanez RG7321 Another sentimental type thing see as this is my first 7 and has had me hooked on getting more 7's and learning how to navigate and write on 7's more. Again, not the best quality but it gets the job done. Plus whenever I get another 7 I'll even learn how to mod guitars on this guitar.

Well I lied. The RG7321 got sold on ebay and the RG2EX1 I gave to a friend of mine who wanted to learn electric guitar. Guess I'm not as sentimental as I thought I was. :lol:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've let go a lot of guitars that I miss to this day. Never again. I've held onto all my guitars that are left. If I could have a few back, totally would but I would never get rid of the ones I have now.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I haven't encountered one yet. I thought it was the esp I had but it wasn't. I'll probably pick up another one sometime

Shredasaurus

deathcore!!!
Reaction score
:wub3:My Agile Septor Pro 727
xojmh3.jpg

it means so much to me as it was many firsts
-my first 7 string
-my first neckthru
-my first maple fretboard
-first guitar with EMGs:wub3:
-the most expensive guitar ive ever owned
-I drove 7 hours to get it lol

Churchie777

Reaction score
Thought it was gonna be my UV777GR but everything is for sale for the right price :lol: but pretty sure my KxK 7DC's are not going anywhere

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Thorn DeLuxe 90 Prototype # 08 - "Goldie":

Thorn_Junior_Deluxe_Proto_8_2.jpg

D90Proto8_8_zps1bb72f6c.jpg

D90Proto8_6_zps1f945f97.jpg

D90Proto8_11_zpsb505102c.jpg

Should update as I still have this one but let go of all my other Thorns and won't be buying any new ones from him for personal reasons, but this is one guitar I'll still never sell. :agreed: Absolutely perfect and I'm glad I sold off all the stuff I needed to in order to grab this while it was still available, it's just one of those guitars you pick up and hear that tone in your head coming out of the speakers every time. Love it. :wub:

Latest posts

')