Got a guitar(s) you own that you will never get rid of?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marshallH

Wears Guitar Too Low
Reaction score
Yay, another reason to post my guitar!

Seattle-built les paul (go hawks) that I got on craigslist for the incredibly low price of $100 a couple years ago. Headstock was broken off and the body was cut "too thick to be practical" (it weighs 17 pounds). I rescued it, repaired the headstock, and cleaned up, thinking it was a cheap kit guitar. I the. Discovered the pickups were 1981 gibson Tim shaw PAFs, worth at least triple what I payed for the guitar. It plays just as good as my/my dad's 1968 gibson les paul custom black beauty fretless wonder (Jesus Christ that's a mouthful) and I wouldn't trade for any guitar in the world. It's a grayish green color AND it's a sparkle finish. Yay! Even though everything about was wrong to the builder (too thick, binding only on front of the body, no inlays on headstock, broken headstock, etc) I love and I feel like it was made for me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

(Not a scratch, cat hair, lol)
image.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ev_o

Reaction score
Remember seeing a few people mention this model the last I tried to go through this thread. My Rg1527m that I just got recently. I would need to be on the verge of severe financial ruin before I give that thing up.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Definitely my RG7420 and my Jaguar SE HH. Both just amazing guitars, so playable, and they have that mojo to them.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Plan on keeping this one pretty much forever, so much drama with BRJ but damn if this isn't the finest guitar I've played....

RNbMvWe.jpg

xX651Ij.jpg

protest

Reaction score
The guitars that I'll probably never get rid of are two of the least expensive guitars I own.
My BC Rich NJ Warlock, and the BC Rich Bich my wife just got me for Christmas.

The Warlock wasn't my first guitar, but it was the one I learned to play on. That neck always feels like home. The other is the first (of hopefully many) guitars that my wife bought for me.

I'd wouldn't get rid of them mostly because of sentimental value and partially because I wouldn't get much for them lol.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
^^^ Me too on the BC Rich. Wife got me a Masterpiece mockingbird for Xmas - gotta hang onto it. It's actually quite decent. Gigged it once so far and it did fine.

I have an SAS32EX (made in China) that i thought about selling for minute to thin the herd, but realized how much i love it and decided i no longer need to thin the herd!! Its just a great guitar - good frets, finish. playability - it's all there.
00O0O_kLhr6ytGmKg_600x450.jpg

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Two guitars. First is my RG1527. I've had it now for about 7 years and it's easily my favorite guitar, playability-wise. The second is my 1987 Ibanez AM205. My dad passed it down to me. I hardly ever play it, but it has a huge amount of sentimental value.

GXPO

Reaction score
I love this fiddle. Still haven't given it a pro setup but the neck is just so perfect..

2013-08-10172940_zps6e3e7cdb.jpg

2013-08-10173153_zps64e780cf.jpg

Also my favourite trem to date.

2013-08-10173045_zps5b438ba8.jpg

protest

Reaction score
^^^ Me too on the BC Rich. Wife got me a Masterpiece mockingbird for Xmas - gotta hang onto it. It's actually quite decent. Gigged it once so far and it did fine.

I have an SAS32EX (made in China) that i thought about selling for minute to thin the herd, but realized how much i love it and decided i no longer need to thin the herd!! Its just a great guitar - good frets, finish. playability - it's all there.
00O0O_kLhr6ytGmKg_600x450.jpg

I had a similar thing happen. Last year I sold off all my stuff from when I was younger, a couple guitars and an amp. The Warlock was going to go with it, but my wife said no lol. I sat down then and played it for the first time in awhile, and I was like man I can't get rid of this thing.

BC Rich makes awesome guitars. Their quality control and business model haven't bee the greatest over recent history, but when you get a good one it's really good, no matter how inexpensive it may have been.

Hendog

Reaction score
I could never get rid of my first guitar. The guitar that started it all...

1996 (or close) Yamaha Pacifica with a Duncan Invader in the bridge and tuned to Drop C :hbang:

Attachments

• 1044600_10201476852180235_562029522_n.jpg
    1044600_10201476852180235_562029522_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 25

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
^^^ ok i'm getting repetitive here, but i had that same model and finish Pacifica for awhile like a decade ago, loved it! Sold it in during a tough part of my life. I've since tried other pacificas that were quite bad, but that particular one i remember playing and sounding great. Cool axe.

Hendog

Reaction score
^^^ ok i'm getting repetitive here, but i had that same model and finish Pacifica for awhile like a decade ago, loved it! Sold it in during a tough part of my life. I've since tried other pacificas that were quite bad, but that particular one i remember playing and sounding great. Cool axe.

The Pacifica is actually quite nice. It doesn't have that crappy Gio/Squire feeling to it. It's very solid.

Of course my main guitar is a Music Man JP6 so nothing feels solid in comparison.

ppinkham

Reaction score
Yup, my Devin Townsend guitar. Even if it wasn't as awesome as it is, the events that led to me actually getting it into my hands made it mean more to me on a personal level.

Dev13.jpg

I had ordered and paid for the guitar back in march of 2012 and was told I would see it in June of that year. When June rolled around, they told me it wouldn't be until September. On Twitter I follow Devin and Peavey, and somebody has asked Peavey about the release dates for the guitar. I replied to the guy about what I had been told, and since Devin was mentioned in the reply he saw what I had said and contacted me.

From there Devin put me in contact with his Peavey reps, and they went to work getting me a guitar built, ASAP. That was in August of 2012, I believe. Anyway, September hit and I still had nothing, so Devin being the awesome guy he is told me to get my money back if I could, and he'd get me a guitar.

Pretty ....ing awesome, right? However, I refused his offer and let him know that this is not his problem, he did more than enough for me, and I'll take care of it from there.

So I started pressing the issue with Peavey, and they said they were working on it, but they were having production problems at their China factory (and still are, I hear). Devin's guy at Peavey finally said that he was pretty frustrated himself, and he was going to resolve it immediately.

That led to him having the guitar built here in the states, and the project was overseen by Master Luthier Mike Powers, who just happened to be the guy that designed the Peavey Wolfgang. I used to own one of those guitars, and it was phenomenal.

So, in November I received the guitar, and it was immaculate. Other than being a non-assembly build, it is also one of the extreme few Devin V's built in the US. The only others are Dev's.

Mine is also set apart from all other Devin V's (including Dev's) because mine has a different style Peavey logo on the headstock.

This is what the logo looks like on Dev's finished guitars and the production models:

headstock-630-80.jpg

And here's mine:

Mine also lacks the build info on the back of the headstock like this one:

7845919658_d095d06355.jpg

And mine:

Because of all of that, this has become more than just a guitar. I will never let this one go.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Two...

My Ibanez JP4. The stock pickup combo sounds amazing in this guitar and the playability is amazing. I wish they made a seven string version of this back in the day.

My Schecter Loomis. I know this sounds silly, but it's one of the first made and it feels and plays way better than any other one I've seen. I've even had other people play it and they all preferred it even over my RG1077XLs and JP7 (crazy, right?!). The fretwork and neck are perfect on it... I have the action extremely low (lower than my JEMs) with zero fret buzz or fretting out. So not sure if I just got lucky or if they were made better during the first run? I feel like I could never replace this guitar.

')