Got a guitar(s) you own that you will never get rid of?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tone_Boss

Reaction score
I have a cheap Gibson SG worn series with p90's that plays incredibly well. For what I paid for it and how awesome it is I doubt I'd ever get rid of it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
DSCF2010.jpg

Definitely my Fender Blacktop Baritone Telecaster...it's pretty much my go-to guitar for drop-A now, even over my 7-strings. I love this thing!

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
Hmmm, lesseee...... these three definitely:

1954 Gretsch Country Club - this is actually a player's guitar (I paid about $2200 for it [I traded several guitars and cash] and could probably never afford a completely original Country Club). It was restored by its previous owner, due to the finish, binding and neck (which needed a reset) being screwed up bigtime. The finish is non original (Country Clubs were never made with a burgundy finish). The hardware is new stuff, but the pickups are the original 1954 DeArmond Dynasonics, and the pickup selector and pots are original. It's a killer jazz guitar, and due to its hot pickups (they're DC resistance is 11k ohm), can grind like a demon at mega gain settings - as long as you keep on top of controlling feedback. Due to it being an early model Country Club, its specs are slightly different from later ones, making it a bit rare. Nope, it's not for sale! :D

BrandiFeb122013_zps39dc0204.jpg

2012 Fender Esquire - single pickup guitars are fun! You just plug in and play. This one has a great neck, and once I replaced the so-so stock pickup, with a Don Mare Twangzilla (which is a VERY overwound, Broadcaster-type pickup - its DC resistance is 11.5k ohm), it turned into a rock & roll monster! It ain't no country twang machine! At mega gain amp settings, it laughs at the paradigm, that says you need humbuckers to do decent modern metal tones. I call it the Junkyard Dog, and it's also not going anywhere, due to it being a great playing and great sounding guitar. Also, Esquires aren't very common, unless you roll your own.

2012FenderEsquire-Nov112012.jpg

The verdict is still out on the Fender Cabronita Thinline Telecaster (I haven't had it long enough to decide, if it's a long term keeper), and my 1978, Guild 12-string acoustic (12-strings sound fantastic, but they are a pain to tune).

I'm hoping the guitar below, will finally allow my 7-string GAS to settle down. I've had 7-strings off and on for the past several years, but I'm not a fan of Super-Strat bodied ones that make up the majority of the 7 & 8-string world. Also the wacky & cool in an offbeat way Danelectro MOD 7 I had, got on my nerves with it's goofy, non-intuitive pickup selection scheme. Hopefully the Schecter Jazz 7 below (which I just bought this morning off of Reverb.com) will take care of my 7-string GAS. Besides, I LOVE hollow and semi-hollowbody guitars. Not only do they do great jazz tones (when I play clean, it's typically in a jazz vein), but they sound soooo throaty, when played at mega gain.

Schecter Jazz 7 (photo is not of the one I bought)
jazz7

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I really only have 1, maybe 2:

1993 Les Paul Studio Lite - my father gave me this guitar. He passed away in '98. This thing will be here to stay, hopefully through all my grandkids should I ever have them

Ibanez S970CW-NT - i'm not married to this one...but the way it plays, how light it is, etc would make it a hard departure.

Reaction score
Basically, these four aren't going anywhere.

2012-07-25_17-50-24_65.jpg

2012-07-25_17-51-13_534.jpg

2012-07-25_17-53-12_499.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

Always thought about selling this one... though I don't know if I ever... wood :lol:

2012-07-25_17-51-47_963.jpg

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
^ why would you sell that ? isn't it pretty rare nowadays ?

#2 and #4 are awesome, what is #3 ?

Reaction score
^ why would you sell that ? isn't it pretty rare nowadays ?

#2 and #4 are awesome, what is #3 ?

I'm not sure if it's a rare guitar these days. Truth be told I barely use it.. but the quilt is just so pretty!

#3 is a Bowes Wenge - 7 from Bowes Guitarworks

It's basically a prototype that Brian built when was getting really really good at building guitars. He was sad from letting sit in a case so he sold it to me since he knew I'd play it. It's currently not in my possession as I left it with him some months ago and he's doing some top secret stuff with it.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
awesome ! let me guess, neodymium pickups ? color shifting neon lights body and neck binding ? hieroglyphs fretboard inlays ?

Reaction score
he's got some nice axes, diggin this one...

p1040830.jpg

p1040824.jpg

There's a really sad story about what happened to that one... I won't name any names, but basically, that guitar was supposed to be Brian's personal 8 string. He ended up giving it to a very well known "friend" of his because he "needed" an 8 string. This well known "friend" ended up getting an 8 string from a big company and hasn't even bothered returning Brian's 8 to him.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
There's a really sad story about what happened to that one... I won't name any names, but basically, that guitar was supposed to be Brian's personal 8 string. He ended up giving it to a very well known "friend" of his because he "needed" an 8 string. This well known "friend" ended up getting an 8 string from a big company and hasn't even bothered returning Brian's 8 to him.

how can people be this way ? i can't understand people who have such little respect for anything ...
i remember a luthier friend of mine who told me a similar story about a guitar he had/built (can't really remember it was a few years ago) he was in love with it, without going into details it had pretty special woods and pickups. a 'friend' of his asked if he could borrow it because he 'needed' it (sounds like a trend) the months went by and that guy never went into contact with the luthier again, he would practically keep avoiding him, and whenever the luthier got a hold of him and asked about the guitar, the guy would stall the conversation.
eventually the luthier had somehow retrieved his guitar, and as he put it by his own words, it looked like "the guy went to the corniche where the sewers drop into the sea and he soaked the guitar in it for a few hours". apparently he left a pentagram carved (or done with a permanent marker, i hope) on the body, the luthier also found what he assumed was traces of weed between the frets and the pickups, and other unimaginable mistreatments. the luthier sounded really pretty hurt as he was telling me that story.

Latest posts

')