Got a guitar(s) you own that you will never get rid of?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
^ both Steve Vai and Victor Smolski played in the Krasnodar city, which is not far from where I live. And while with Vai it was more of a common fan story (i mean i just waited after the gig for him to come out), with Victor it was a longer story. About 5 years ago he was a producer for a russian band called Freakozaks (which later was renamed Overwind due to legal issues), and together they planned a project called "tribute to Rage" where other bands would play Rage's songs. Our band participated in this project with a cover version of "Paint the Devil on the Wall", and Victor quite liked it. Unfortunately, the label later declined this idea and the tribute was never released. But still, when we came to Victor's gig, we had a talk after that and he remembered who we were and personally appreciated the cover version. And that's the end of the story ))

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
My Baby

uTeveYF_kXOsJx8XVhnUUCtDAAmlO6dVy0KUtgtXYP8=w623-h830-no
O59hfyikv0-R_m5IfOeJmwAU9qwM2tgvzC4M8JhNOCo=w623-h830-no
delEY9EOMMoy-GaE68GVt4A7b_Rvf5t3krIRokL7Bg=w623-h830-no
S90TYfpRUc8Ui0kWlpmBrcCuC9hb7YfnMjn0uim4cg=w623-h830-no

skydizzle

Reaction score

My 06 CE22

01 Custom 24 10 Top

I don't plan to ever get rid of either one of these guitars.

ToS

7-string abuser
Reaction score
I will never part with my 99`RG7620. It was my first real good guitar (bought it new) and I´ve owned it now for so long it´s practically family – it´s been trough all kind of different tunings over the years and has some scars and dings that remind me of pretty funny gigs and rehearsals. So there´s quite some sentimental value to it.

I´ve also two 91` UV7-BKs, which I will probably never let go. They just have personality (both are quite different beasts) and perfectly suit my tone and playing. Not sure which one of the two I would save if my house was burning.

aqa

Reaction score
I have and old rg 270 from the 90's, it was my first electric guitar and was a gift from my parents for high school graduation.

Around ten years ago, I started with mods, at first I dropped a Tone zone in bridge, I can't believed how good it sounds, so I inmediatly purchased a breed for neck and a blue velvet in the middle.

A few years a band mate and me starting adquiring more guitars from medium level to above and tested seymours (JB, 59, distortion, pegasus, invaders) dimarzio's (crunch lab, d activator, liquid fire) and some emgs of course.

I don't know what the hell this guitar have, but it sounds ....ing amazing in any amp, incredibly versatile, clear, thick and heavy

Recently I did a leveling job on frets, and changed all the electric internal parts (pots, cables, cap and switches) the next step is swapping the floyd and the locking nut for a gotoh and i'm sure this will kick any high end guitar in sound.

I only will left the crappy black finnish on it, but this guitar will die with me

The Q

The Engineer
Reaction score
I've gifted one of my lower end guitars that I bought for almost nothing in order to fix it. It's a great guitar but I have too many already, so it became an awesome gift to my awesome niece.

Apart from that, I'm never selling any of the rest. I may gift one if I decide to, but I'll never sell any.

TubeOrgasmer

Reaction score
The one in the middle:

170862_1816347807605_2002544_o.jpg

An '05 Ibanez Artist, my first real guitar, plays and sounds amazing, and if I ever get a custom done it's gonna be modeled after this one.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Don't think I could ever bring my self to sell my Epiphone G-310. I don't like the colour much anymore, I need to duct-tape a weight to it to keep it balanced, and the tone isn't all that great, but it was my main guitar all throughout High School and during the initial formation of my band.

Then there's my VERY first guitar, my Yamaha strat copy. I don't think I'll ever get rid of that one partially for sentimental reasons, but mostly becos I'd get next to nothing for it anyway.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Don't think I could ever bring my self to sell my Epiphone G-310. I don't like the colour much anymore, I need to duct-tape a weight to it to keep it balanced, and the tone isn't all that great, but it was my main guitar all throughout High School and during the initial formation of my band.

Then there's my VERY first guitar, my Yamaha strat copy. I don't think I'll ever get rid of that one partially for sentimental reasons, but mostly becos I'd get next to nothing for it anyway.

ive never owned a real gibson...but have had a couple knock-offs.

i need to get one cause i love my epi v.

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
I have a 1986 Charvel Model 2 that I will never get rid of. I bought it from a coworker when I was in the military. All of us that served together know of the guitar and I have been asked by a couple of the guys if I still had it and if so could they buy it. So many memories in that guitar than what it's monetary value is.

SouthpawGuy

Reaction score
Have this one since 1984 ... thirty years now.

9579258304_f7d952de8e_o.jpg

9576468503_b31410c1ca_o.jpg

9576466635_04e20d565c_o.jpg

9579256302_0eb4b29150_o.jpg

Don't play it much these days but I can't see myself ever parting with it.

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
Mayones regius 6 MMCW.

Plays like butter and rings out like a grand piano. Inspires me to play every time I pick it up.

DSCN0943_zpsc8489e94.jpg

IanCBoss

Reaction score
I only have 5 so limiting to just 1 isnt that hard for me. If I had to limit it to just one I would pick my LTD MH-103QM, my first electric and it still gets more play time than anything else. Its just feels magic in my hands.

Splenetic

Reaction score
My Carvin DC700 and my Fernandes Revolver (MIJ) .....OH, the RG1527 is up there as well.

I love my other axes, but I could part with them if I absolutely had to.

Decon87

Reaction score
My PRS Custom 24 10 top which you can see in my avatar and on my profile page.

Also, even though I don't play it anymore, I never want to give away my Epiphone Les Paul. It was my first guitar that was given to me as a birthday gift when I was in 6th grade 11 years ago by my parents. It's really special to me, even though it's a piece of crap that can't stay in tune to save its life.

I don't really WANT to have to get rid of any of my guitars, but sometimes I want a much more expensive piece of gear so I have to get rid of a couple guitars to fund the new purchase.

Latest posts

')