Got a new Rico Jr. on the way! (Spalted Slant Top Teaser!)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
Honestly they probably wont, im not a very big name in the general guitar community, it would have make sense as a business decision on their end to build and promo those pickups.
Whereas here its just Steve and I prototyping to design something perfect for me, and its a fun challenge for him, and im perfectly happy with that haha!

that is still pretty cool. anything youre going for in particular or is that secret sauce?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
that is still pretty cool. anything youre going for in particular or secret sauce?

He is going to release the djentiest humbucker the world has ever seen and hence steal all of BKPs internet seven string/8 string business as well as Lundgrens simultaneously. :lol: (You get that impression around here sometimes)

Goatchrist

Reaction score
What can I say, I'm fortunate enough to have this be my job and these are the tools of my trade, and they are all investments that hold or sometimes appreciate in value as well. I could be spending my money in much worse ways haha!

Do some drugs!

Congrats man! Misha must be the person with the biggest GAS in the whole world.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
Just as a sidenote to the custom DiMarzio, they might actually release them commercially.
Yes, you aren't a big name at the very moment, but if people have heard at least some ER-guitar music, they've heard about you. Right now, BKP and Lundgren got the passive market for eights in their hands ALONE! Sevens are alittle more diverse, but again, BKP and Lundgren are the crème here.

DiMarzio got a great trait though; they mass produce, which lowers street value. If you can create a DiMarzio pickup with approx. the sound of BKP Aftermaths and the CL/LF mixed up, and make them spit it out on the market, my guess is that it would sell tremendously!

And the wood on the guitar btw... :holy:

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Mr. Mansoor, you are like an old biblical king with a harem. A harem that any other king would simply freak out over. That said, your persistent posting of new guitars is not making my wait for my BRJ any better. Please, please... make the pain stop! HAHA!

bulb

Reaction score
UPDATE: ITS ALMOST READY!!
Looking amazing too!!
photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

And the wonderfully awesome Hipshot Locking Tuners:
photo3.jpg

Reaction score
Guitars looking good! Also, video of you with that jackson custom! :scream:

Honestly they probably wont, im not a very big name in the general guitar community, it would have make sense as a business decision on their end to build and promo those pickups.
Whereas here its just Steve and I prototyping to design something perfect for me, and its a fun challenge for him, and im perfectly happy with that haha!

Too modest!

The Buttmonkey

Reaction score
UPDATE: ITS ALMOST READY!!
Looking amazing too!!
photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

And the wonderfully awesome Hipshot Locking Tuners:
photo3.jpg

Does that mean the Dimarzio customs are done? Just don't forget to show us them, and if they're bosses, we'll beg dimarzio to release them commercially.

Does it have the crunch lab bar? I was just thinking of some unique ways to use that, myself.

bulb

Reaction score
And the custom dimarzios are in there, they dont have a bar because they arent based off of the crunchlab.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Obviously the spalt is just disturbingly awesome. The mahogany is also beautiful! It was so light in color that I was originally fooled into thinking it might be swamp ash. But no! Just gorgeous!

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That spalt is just ridiculous! Custom DiMarzios, hm? :spock:

')