Got a new Rico Jr. on the way! (Spalted Slant Top Teaser!)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Sorry if this is just a tease for the time being, but if all goes well, i should be playing this at Sonisphere!
241113_223420207686686_100000561252743_845695_8022171_o.jpg

Specs to be are:
Slant top 27 fret Jekyll Neck-Thru.
Spalted Maple Top.
Ebony Fretboard
Mahogany wings/Maple Neck.
25.5 inch scale w 27 frets
20 inch radius
Custom Dimarzio 7 string pickups.
Hipshot Bridge
Graphtech nut
Sperzel Locking Tuners.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
How many guitars do you need?!?!?! :noplease:

That is too sexy. Spalted maple tops are my favorite. JEALOUSY.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That spalted top must've been one hell of a rotten maple tree at some point, because it looks fantastic! :lol: Love it!

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
:O I can't wait to hear how that sounds. I sent in a quote form for one almost exactly like that but with the double pointed headstock and aftermath 7's, 24 fret 27 inch scale about a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear back from Bernie. :)

bulb

Reaction score
The only true answer to this question is, "One more than i already have." ;)

Ain't that the damn truth haha? I definitely will be getting another decibel considering that its one of the best sounding, feeling and looking 7s I have ever played.
I have a strandberg 7 on the way too and this obviously won be my last rico.
What can I say, I'm fortunate enough to have this be my job and these are the tools of my trade, and they are all investments that hold or sometimes appreciate in value as well. I could be spending my money in much worse ways haha!

As far as dimarzio goes I have been endorsed and working with them for a little bit now as I'm a HUGE fan of the crunchlab and liquifire, the blaze custom and the original petrucci customs, and Steve and I are working on custom sets for me at the moment. This guitar will serve as one of a few excellent testbeds!

Reaction score
Congrats on the dimarzio customs and im sure that rico will be an absolute beast...any chance those custom pickups will be available commercially?

bulb

Reaction score
Congrats on the dimarzio customs and im sure that rico will be an absolute beast...any chance those custom pickups will be available commercially?

Honestly they probably wont, im not a very big name in the general guitar community, it would have make sense as a business decision on their end to build and promo those pickups.
Whereas here its just Steve and I prototyping to design something perfect for me, and its a fun challenge for him, and im perfectly happy with that haha!

')