Got any guitars you got rid of and regret?

• Thread starter danenachtrieb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
my modded ibby :(
sold it to a mate who still has it and said if i want to buy it back for what i sold it for i can have it i just dont have teh money

DSCN1894.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't regret trading the 2127 but I do miss it.

My Loomis.

I have decided at least one of mine is going, no case and I will give you a good deal if you want it.

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
My Kramer KnightSwan...Man that was a great guitar. I sold it early to mid 90's because of course at that time, 80's metal was out and reverse headstocks were even more "out". I still to this day cannot understand what I was thinking when I sold it....for $200.00! That DJ I sold it to in NC got a hell of a deal......Biggest mistake I've ever made......

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
I've never sold a guitar. I was thinking about selling my RG370DX because when I get my next guitar I know it won't be played that much anymore. That said, a refinish and some new pickups might change my mind, who knows.

gdbjr21

Reaction score
I had a black Jackson DKMG that sounded and played amazing i hated having to sell it

DeanLamb

Reaction score
RIP Jackson COW 6. Black. traded it in for extra cash on a bad month. First guitar I played a show with. Still makes me sad, I made a real connection with that guitar.

Arctodus

king of the monsters
Reaction score
yeah my Ibanez AX7. Pisses me off I sold it without thinking twice. Its the guitar I need right now.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
That'd be my c-7 Blackjack... I did trade it for a hellraiser, which I prefer for playability and looks, but I really could do with passive-sized pickups, EMG's aren't my thing.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
Some 6s, and a Bari

1. 1980 Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion - I gigged with that guitar through the 90s. It started collecting dust in 1999, and I felt at the time, that I needed to mellow out my sound (I ran it through Mesas, and did some serious metal with it), so like a fool I sold it. I realized my mistake several months later, but by that time, I was in the midst of a long term money crunch that lasted until a couple of years ago. Mine was the Fusion 1 version. Unfortunately, they're not very common, and are pricey when you can find them. I can't stand the presently made Fusion IIIs with their stupid trapeze-like individual string anchors, and weird control layout.

2. Early 90s Charvelle Surfcaster - a great second guitar, that looked like a cross between a Rick, and a Strat. The unique sound of its lipstick pickups made it a great 2nd guitar, for those songs that needed a markedly different guitar sound. I got sick of the pickups, but was loathe to mod, what was a very well made guitar (modding cheapos is one thing, but I'm not wild about modding well made guitars). So I sold it. I'd love to get another one, but they're going for prices nowadays that are over double what I paid for mine new back in 1990 or '91.

3. Early 2000s Gretsch Synchromatic Jet Club - the first Gretsch I ever owned. I never would have bought it in 2002 (at the time, I thought all Gretsches were only good for rockabilly or Chet Atkins stuff) if a friend of mine who was with me (she's a Strat fiend) hadn't talked me into trying it out. Money was brutally tight for me (I hadn't even come close to recovering from the loss of Guitar #1 mentioned above, or the selling my Mesa DC-3 head & 2x12 cab), but I wanted the crappy Epiphone Slasher I had at the time, GONE! The Gretsch played great, and sounded good for indie and heavy rock, and its price was stupid cheap for me (under $100, with my POS Slasher as a trade), so I bought it. That guitar served me well for 3 years both gigging, and at jam sessions. When I finally got a better paying job, that gave me a little disposable income, in 2005, I foolishly traded that Gretsch for an Ibanez Artcore AS73. The Ibby was a nice guitar (and semi-hollow to boot :yesway:), but didn't have the sonic character my old Gretsch Club Jet had.

4. Danelectro '63 Reissue Baritone - a fun guitar, that I was just really getting into last October and November, when the opportunity arose for me to buy back the exact same Rick 360 I traded in 1999 for a Fender Toronado. Sadly, the Dano Bari was used as trading material for the Rick. Even sadder yet, I never really rebonded with the Rick, and I wound up getting rid of it again.

')