Got any guitars you got rid of and regret?

• Thread starter danenachtrieb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i do wish i hadn´t messed around with my first guitars, because they are totally stripped of parts and all messed up now. if i had just let them sit alone, i could´ve used them now. i would´ve just changed a jack here, a pickup there, bam! awesome guitar.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I had an olympic white MiM strat with a maple fretboard, that is the only guitar I regret selling. I bought it for £299 and sold it 6 or 7 months later for £260, so it was more like an £8 a month rental :lol:

I should never have let that one go, it was sweet as a nut in every respect.

On the flipside, there have been many guitars I have purchased and thought "Why the hell did I buy this?", the most recent being my Xiphos. Sounded great, played awesome, then I took it home, put a strap on it and stood up and realised the balance on it was atrocious. It's sold and out the door now, not my problem anymore.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
Two different Late 69-72 Les Paul Deluxes, an EBMM EVH I bought Brand new, a Les Paul Custom Lite, a les paul Classic trans purple that I sold cheap to a friend that said when I get some money again he'd sell it back to me and changed his mind... Others too but those are the first that come to mind..

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
I had an olympic white MiM strat with a maple fretboard, that is the only guitar I regret selling. I bought it for £299 and sold it 6 or 7 months later for £260, so it was more like an £8 a month rental :lol:

I should never have let that one go, it was sweet as a nut in every respect.

On the flipside, there have been many guitars I have purchased and thought "Why the hell did I buy this?", the most recent being my Xiphos. Sounded great, played awesome, then I took it home, put a strap on it and stood up and realised the balance on it was atrocious. It's sold and out the door now, not my problem anymore.

why not reposition the stringpost?

/endhijack

anyway, i should have never traded away my first acoustic six to my ex. that guitar kicked butt. and i hearted it

robotsatemygma

myspace.com/pygar1
Reaction score
Oh I have a few.

Epiphone Les Paul '56 Gold Top: Sold for drugs. Stupid stupid. I was a horrid wreck for about 2 years and this was one of the many victims. It had such a pure and classy tone with the P-90's. It was my main writing guitar and I rarely played it live. I plan on owning another one of these sometime soon.

Schecter Scorpion Devil Elite Tribal: Sold to pay off bills
Girlfriend gave me this guitar as a random present (random awesome presents FTW). I played this for so long and exclusively, it really was the only hard tail guitar I liked. I was in college and couldn't afford the bills coming in (tuition, cell, credit cards) and I had the Les Paul and a LTD M100QM, so I sold it.

Ibanez GSR200: Granted it is a crappy bass compared to what's out there but it was the 2nd one I bought and loved. I was playing bass in a high school band and found this in a pawn shop. Well I was poor and didn't have a job when my band ended so I sold it. Always looking for another one just like it (before the extended bass knob).

ESP LTD H-207: I traded Bobby my H-207 for my M-207. It was a good trade, don't get me wrong as I love my M-207... but I wish I had had the cash to buy the M-207 and keep the H-207. What's not to love about Ash and EMG's?

guitarjitsumaster

seven times seven
Reaction score
Never sold any but ive had two that got stolen/lost :mad: that I really miss.

1st, was my first electric, A peavey patriot. The one with the all natural finish. It had a sleek small Mahogany body, Gibson Scale, and the super ferrite pickups which were just full of spank. I brought it to work with me so I could go straight from work and jam with some guys after. Went on lunch break and boom it was gone. I was such a dumb teenager :noplease:

2nd My awesome Cayman Green 7620. Dude at the pawn shop majorly screwed and confused with another 7 and put it out for sale. At least thats the story they gave me. So when I came back to pick it up ""gone""!!:mad::mad::mad:

Yeah im never doing that again!!!!

It was in such great condition and played like butter. I was extremely POed but there making it up to me with a brand new Galaxy white 1527. :agreed:

')