Got my first 7 string yesterday

• Thread starter circlejerk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

circlejerk

Reaction score
Yeah I also got the WG-587 with the grey finish. I figured with the price it was the perfect time to dive into 7 stringdom:evil:

What are some of you guys' favorite tunings? I play mostly black metal with a bit of death metal mixed in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
meh for tunings i stick with B and Bb standard cuz i dont play extremely heavy music. welcome to the forums and welcome to our humble stringdom. :hbang: :metal: :shred: :bowdown:

circlejerk

Reaction score
Thanks. Seems like a cool forum with alot less trolling than other forums I frequent.

Reaction score
I play in standard A... I love how an unfretted A sounds... Just listen to Sacrifice unto sebek by nile..... :ugh: evilness!

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
:metal:

I like to use Bb, and

GDADGBE-1/2 step down, whatever thats called.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Try with some different tunings, A, B or maybe F#. That are the standard tunings that i use.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats! :hbang: I have 3 different tunings that I use on 5 7-strings. I play 2 in drop A (AEADGBE), 2 in standard (BEADGBE) and the last in baritone (BEADF#BE). :yesway:

Sweetbabyjezuz

Reaction score
Heh i got the same one today.

Well I figured, I normally use C standard (C F Bb Eb G C) on my 6 strings, so i'd use the same on the 7 so that's G C F Bb Eb G C I like it a lot. I'm going to change the pups and maybe alter the hardware to chrome (got the red one)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of 7 strings! I generally tune Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb or Ab Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb. I have another one tuned C standard with an extra high F, and another one I don't use much (because it really needs new pickups) tuned B E A D G B E. A D G C F A D seems to be a pretty popular tuning, too.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
I got 1 in AEADGBE and another in Bb standard. I'm going to restring the one in drop A with the right strings though in tune it to the Devy tuning (GCGCGCE) and give it a try.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
meh for tunings i stick with B and Bb standard cuz i dont play extremely heavy music. welcome to the forums and welcome to our humble stringdom. :hbang: :metal: :shred: :bowdown:

I stick with B standard cuz I DO play extremely heavy music.

By the way, that'd be: BEADGBE

')