Got my first 7-string!

• Thread starter zorrow
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zorrow

Reaction score
Got my first 7-string guitar! :cool:

This is my story: I'm into heavy metal and always wanted to have a 7-string, but I'm so used to the 24.75" scale that the longer scale on 7-strings always felt wrong to me.

Thus, I tried many along the years, but none was to my tastes. In addition, I mostly play Vee guitars (Dean and Hamer) and I like chunky necks, so I was very hard to please.

Luckily, I finally stumbled upon an Epiphone 7-string V, and you know what? I definitively feel at home on this one!

Ok, that extra string feels a bit odd at first, but I tuned it to a lower A and got used to the thing quite quickly.

BTW, I put on it a custom set of strings, after experimenting with many gauges. This is what I came with: 10-13-17-32-46-60-74, in standard tuning (but as I mentioned, the lower one is tuned to A).

Now it's time to rock the shut out of it! :shred: :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zorrow

Reaction score
I forgot a picture of it:
EPI_01m.PNG

zorrow

Reaction score
Nice! Different but very nice. What kind of pickups?

It came with GuitarHeads. Their sound is quite generic to my tastes, but I managed to get something a bit better by adjusting their height. Now it sounds at least "decently" through my rig. Well, I cannot complain. For 350, I think it's a killer axe, isn't it? :)

')